No announcement yet.

Coyote/Falcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims look AMAZING! My kid narrows steel ones for demolition derby..runs space saver tires doubled... But not with a lathe.. Does good for what he does..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0055.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	1278244Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0054.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	1278245 So i decided on a triangular 4 link rear suspension. This is what I came up with for the lower locating arms. The bolt hole is where the leaf spring mounted and I couldn't see any reason not to use it. Working on the upper mounts now.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0056.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	1278382Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0058.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	1278383Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0057.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	533.4 KB
ID:	1278384 So this is the reinforcing plates that will be welded to the unit body. I welded 1/2 inch nuts to the back sides so that I can bolt in the crossmember that mounts the coil overs

Comment

Name:	PIC_0065.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	1278999 Here is my crazy rear 4 link suspension. The triangulated 4 bar would have meant ultra short top links going forward so I went with rear upper links. I did this on my street rod 27 years ago and I am still driving it with no problems.

Comment

Steve: I see a hole in the back of the housing, I'm assuming that's for the pivot pin for the Watts Link? (like on the model A)

But, with the coil overs on the backside of housing, where are the bars off the "wing" that mounts to the housing going to go?

Comment

The hole in the diff is for a filler bung. Triangulated 4 bars don't need a watts linkage or a panhard bar. Bottem links are parallel and anchor just ahead of the original leaf spring mounts. Triangulated upper links go from top of the diff to mounts on the side of the unitbody frame at the rear.

Comment

Alrighty, that explains that.....and had I read the above post closer, I would have caught the part where you mentioned TRIANGULATED

Comment

Name:	PIC_0066.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	1281710 All the 4 bars are powder coated as well as the diff housing. QA1 single adjustable coil overs with 275 lb/in springs. They maybe a little light but I had them from another project so I have a starting point. Disc brake kit and axles are on order.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0074.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	1282642Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0076.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	370.8 KB
ID:	1282643 So I am still waiting for my axles but I did finish up the center section. Running 3.70:1 gears on a Detroit Truetrac limited slip.

Comment

Steve, there's a guy in the Technical section asking about performance potential for the Ford V10. I figure you will know more about that than any of us. Might be worth checking in to see if you can share anything useful.

Dan

Comment

Name:	PIC_0083.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	438.0 KB
ID:	1284292Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0084.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	1284293 Well I got burned when i ordered a brake kit from Western Canada's largest speed shop as you can see one of the caliper mounting brackets is bent and the other the holes don't line up with the caliper so I am waiting to see if I can return them. While I was waiting I decided to build some sub frame connectors. I used 2"x2"x.125 tubing to tie the front sub frame to the lower 4 link brackets that are tied into the original leaf spring mounts

Comment

that's quite a hit to get those to bend
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That is a weird thing to find wrong in a brake kit. Evidently the quality control checks are zero as a quick look would have turned this up. Seems like a case of dontgiveashit. Hope you can get it sorted out or at least get your money back.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              that's quite a hit to get those to bend
                              like drove over it with the forklift. Damn.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Name:	PIC_0092 (1).JPG
Views:	140
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	1290431Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0097 (1).JPG
Views:	129
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	1290432Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0094 (1).JPG
Views:	130
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	1290433Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0100.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	1290434Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0099.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	421.8 KB
ID:	1290435 It has been awhile since I posted and I just wanted to let you know I haven't been doing nothing. I am helping my son install a Nitrous 738 Ford in our 49 as we blew the motor at the March meet last spring. My 13 year old Grandson has been learning TIG welding from me and he is now building a Chrome Moly chassis for our old Pinto that crashed in 1992. So back to the Falcon, I was able to get a new disc brake kit and it went together with no problems. I was lucky with my measurements as the tires fit with 1/2 inch clearance both sides!!

Comment

Working...
                                X