Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My SC/360 Hornet project

Originally posted by Freiburger
    I'd love to see progress photos on that. Good inspiration for our Gremmie.
    I'll try to keep it up to date. I've had some time to do a little work on it lately and have taken many pix. Recently I ripped out the shag carpet that someone threw in the car (it was anchored with 1/2" dryway screws) and gutted the entire interior. I'll be spending some serious time with the mig, filling about 50 holes in the floor from those dry wall screws. Fortunately this one is a dry climate, non rust belt car. Unfortunately, someone beat the floor pans pretty bad. It'll take some serious hammer and dolly work it get them back in shape. Right now the problem is the unheated shop. It's pretty cold in there when the outside air temp is about 5 degrees.

Comment

Here's some inspiration for you ... looks like there were 2 SC/360 Hornets running at the Pure Stock Drags this past year in Michigan:

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Oh yeah, the two Marks... Mark Weymouth and Mark Chapman. I am familiar with their cars...

Comment

I really like that. I'd love to come across a Hornet to do a drag car out of.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterHorse
            I really like that. I'd love to come across a Hornet to do a drag car out of.
            Here's one that I would love to save but it looks like the owner wants to cut it up...
            It's in Oroville, CA

http://amccars.net/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200811535

Comment

If it wasn't half way across the country I'd be VERY interested. That's too bad.

Comment

Got the engine bay stripped out, suspension stripped out and the fenders off. Today I started knocking out all the damage in the the floor boards. I need longer arms to reach the hammer on one side and the dolly on the other....

Comment

Remember the hornet x with the levi interior? I had a buddy with one. My pops wouldn't let me buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sawracer
                    Remember the hornet x with the levi interior? I had a buddy with one. My pops wouldn't let me buy it.
                    Sure do, I even know where there's one sitting in a field right now. Don't think it can be saved though. They even made Gremlin's with the Levi's interior. I had one of those a few years ago but it was rusted beyond trying to save....

Comment

Project Im helping a friend with..........

Comment

Nice! Looks like a 71? I've also got a Mustard SC/360 that is waiting its turn. I've had it longer than the green one but the green one is in better shape and it's a 4 speed so I wanted to finish that one first...

Comment

There is one of thosen in sweden.Saw it for sale some years ago.There has been or is avery active AMC rambler club here in Norway,and there have been sold a lot of them here.

Locally there is a 73-74 Hornet Hatchback one owner cat with a 304 that has been out of sight for some years now.I have tried to get reach of the owner,but to no luck :-\.

Lovely colour on it originally..Violet with gold and black stripes along the sides 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                            There is one of thosen in sweden.Saw it for sale some years ago.There has been or is avery active AMC rambler club here in Norway,and there have been sold a lot of them here.
                            Actually I think there are 3 (maybe 4) SC/360 Hornet's over there. I know there are a few others in other countries but I've never actually compiled a list of the SC/360's outside of the US. I do know that of the 784 built around 106 have been verified. I believe that 5 of them have been parted out. They are pretty scarce cars...

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                              X