Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I have no idea how it got broke . That's the way I got it . I finally got tired of it .

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    how did the button break?

"too loud" (poke poke poke )

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    How did the button break?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I may sand it down flat with a drummer tool and paint it . Maybe .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    This is a little tongue in cheek but it did take awhile to pull it off and it did require a lot of skill to not render the button useless . I rebuilt the volume button on the stereo . The whole front part of the rectangular button was gone only leaving the outer edge . I got some model car glue and slowly filled it in .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Sorry this gave out on you but it's good that there was no other damage. Miss you guys at the track!

Dan
    Yeah , we really want to get down there .

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sorry this gave out on you but it's good that there was no other damage. Miss you guys at the track!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    It's amazing those bearing sets last as long as they do, especially with heavier/bigger-offset tires, they can loosen up a little over time but when they really start to go, they go fast. In Jeeps (2/3rds the weight of the Sub or less) they seem to be good for about 200K, then watch out. You might wanna pick a weekend to do a pre-emptive on the other side...? You can feel when they're getting worn just by giving a good shake. Parts are pricey but less than the tow...
    Yeah , I'm planning on doing the drivers side in about 3 weeks that way I shouldn't have to do a axle / half shaft. Figure I'll do both upper ball joints at the same time . Those should be a price of cake since they aren't original . Just a unbolt deal .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I rolled the tire to the bumper , it wouldn't go .

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Getting heavy tires in a high rig... Roll it.. Lift and roll.. Roll it right up the bumper..
    Derby tires are doubled and tubed and many times have a 3/8" center welded in.. Usually roll them onto the trailer then over the tongue..

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    It's amazing those bearing sets last as long as they do, especially with heavier/bigger-offset tires, they can loosen up a little over time but when they really start to go, they go fast. In Jeeps (2/3rds the weight of the Sub or less) they seem to be good for about 200K, then watch out. You might wanna pick a weekend to do a pre-emptive on the other side...? You can feel when they're getting worn just by giving a good shake. Parts are pricey but less than the tow...

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Oh and by the way , I had been estimating the trucks weight at 6000 pounds , guess what the rollback had built in scales . I couldn't hardly believe it. Guess how much it weighed exactly. Yep 6000lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Pic of finished repair

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I put a new axle in after failing to get the old c/v joint apart to get the new boot on . It was only 30 buck mor than the 30 dollar boot . I did notice that the upper ball joint needs replaced but didn't have time for it . Maybe after my checking account has had a time to heal .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X