Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Seems the previous owner didn't have the trans to transfer case adapter bolts right and the tailshaft area of the case broke and it was gushing like a slaughtered pig . I bought a same year 4L60 of a friend that had bought a nice 94 short bed of a nice older gent . The catch was it's two wheel drive but for 50 bucks I bought it and for 195 I had the tailshaft swapped . Here's some pics of the replacement.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    good to the last drop

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Here is a zoomed in shot of the old muffler that was dead .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Had a Flowmaster that had the back end come loose ( before I got it ) and it had sheetmetal screws and steel strapping trying to hold it together . Believe it or not these flow masters were won by me in a drawing from the main stage on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2005 in Nashville . Hard to believe that's been almost 14 years . Oh , that sounds a whole lot better !

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Man , they've taken over your life ! My oldest son has a really nice 2012 Suburban that he traded his old 2002 in on and one brother in law has a 2004 these were / are all 4x4s . Then one brother in law bought a new 2004 Yukon XL 2x4 and still has it . It has well over 300,000 miles and in the last 2 yrs has started rusting out to the point that hes planning on parking it soon . So , I'm late to the party .

Leave a comment:

• Markmx6
    replied
    I have a 98 1500 and a 99 2500 both 4X4 stock height.

I also have had a 95 and a 92 both 1500 4X4's

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Markmx6 View Post
    What year is it? I have 2 of them right now and have had 3 others before.

If you run into any issues with them I have a bit of experience with most of the usual failure points on both "generations" I don't know what you would call it. The 88-95 vs the 96-99...I've had both.
    Mine is a 94. been working pretty good since the universal replacement . yours lifted or stock . I know I would like driving mine better if it were stock . But it is the only thing that keeps me at 70mph or below . It is a blast putting around in it .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - so it spit it out on the way home?
    It was on the way home from work 3 days later .

Leave a comment:

• Markmx6
    replied
    What year is it? I have 2 of them right now and have had 3 others before.

If you run into any issues with them I have a bit of experience with most of the usual failure points on both "generations" I don't know what you would call it. The 88-95 vs the 96-99...I've had both.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    Well , when I test drove this thing , it shook from take of to 50 . I asked the guy what the problem was and he said the c/v joints in the axles were shot . And that they need replaced once a year . So I shrug and say ok .Well on the way home aI found out what it really was . Rear driveshaft . It got dented but I put it back together to get it home . I'll pick one up from Pull a Part one of these days . Wow , it is so much smoother .
    WOW - so it spit it out on the way home?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    idler arms are cheap because they're a pretty-quick-wear item.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    You wanted a BIG truck.... Nice score!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Well , when I test drove this thing , it shook from take of to 50 . I asked the guy what the problem was and he said the c/v joints in the axles were shot . And that they need replaced once a year . So I shrug and say ok .Well on the way home aI found out what it really was . Rear driveshaft . It got dented but I put it back together to get it home . I'll pick one up from Pull a Part one of these days . Wow , it is so much smoother .

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    nice looking rig.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Steve . If you run accross this an can make the pics big , that would be great .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X