Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Turns out the lip isn't as wide but I drilled the holes and it all looks good .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    If I ever replace the trans and case it'll be an NV4500 and what ever is good to go behind it . But I really don't plan on being rough on it and I do like having an auto in my daily. One nice thing about the truck is the surface rust spots visible in the pics is it on rust . She's clean underneath .

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I'm pretty sure they were using the heavy duty dust cover on the 4x4s before the 700 came along. They need the extra support

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    hmmm....I hope you don't discover why they used a different case on the 4wd trucks, with the 6 large bolts on the dust cover. There's a reason for it....
    early/late. If you don't have the 6 bolt t-case, you need a new case.... and if you need a new case, it makes little sense not to go full monte and put a 4L80e and t-case in

my googlefu is not finding a picture of the brace - either GM or aftermarket.... the problem is the t-case hangs on the transmission (which really doesn't like that) - thus, crafting something to hold the weight helps save transmissions... that said, or just fix it and keep your eyes open for a 4L80e setup from a 3/4 ton (remember, though, you need the computer too)...

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    hmmm....I hope you don't discover why they used a different case on the 4wd trucks, with the 6 large bolts on the dust cover. There's a reason for it....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I haven't got it all done mine has some struts to bellhousing to the case flexplate dust cover held in place by 6 3/8 inch bolts . Since my trans was in a 2 wheeler it had a thin stamped steel one held on by 4 really small sheetmetal screws . So the drill will be out today after I get done with my CPR / AED class .
    remember "Another One Bites the Dust" is the perfect rhythm for compressions.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    P.S. mine didn't have a strut to the trans from the Tcase , maybe left off by PO . Got a pic of that ?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I haven't got it all done mine has some struts to bellhousing to the case flexplate dust cover held in place by 6 3/8 inch bolts . Since my trans was in a 2 wheeler it had a thin stamped steel one held on by 4 really small sheetmetal screws . So the drill will be out today after I get done with my CPR / AED class .

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    for those who believe that GM was silly when they put the brace from the t-case to the bellhousing... glad you got it fixed (and I've used that same method to hold the trans up when removing the t-case).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    If your wondering what's the deal with the board .......after I jacked the trans up ....well the assistant jacked it up while I kept it balanced the with the lift kit lowering the torsion I slide the board under the pan and over the bar and did the same at the back with a 1x1 square tube of steel . I was great not having to worry about dropping the trans . Then I put my long started bolts through the bellhousing ot the trans to the matching holes in the back bvbof the block and just slide it in .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Seems the previous owner didn't have the trans to transfer case adapter bolts right and the tailshaft area of the case broke and it was gushing like a slaughtered pig . I bought a same year 4L60 of a friend that had bought a nice 94 short bed of a nice older gent . The catch was it's two wheel drive but for 50 bucks I bought it and for 195 I had the tailshaft swapped . Here's some pics of the replacement.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    good to the last drop

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Here is a zoomed in shot of the old muffler that was dead .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Had a Flowmaster that had the back end come loose ( before I got it ) and it had sheetmetal screws and steel strapping trying to hold it together . Believe it or not these flow masters were won by me in a drawing from the main stage on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2005 in Nashville . Hard to believe that's been almost 14 years . Oh , that sounds a whole lot better !

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Man , they've taken over your life ! My oldest son has a really nice 2012 Suburban that he traded his old 2002 in on and one brother in law has a 2004 these were / are all 4x4s . Then one brother in law bought a new 2004 Yukon XL 2x4 and still has it . It has well over 300,000 miles and in the last 2 yrs has started rusting out to the point that hes planning on parking it soon . So , I'm late to the party .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X