X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday fix it day
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I put a new axle in after failing to get the old c/v joint apart to get the new boot on . It was only 30 buck mor than the 30 dollar boot . I did notice that the upper ball joint needs replaced but didn't have time for it . Maybe after my checking account has had a time to heal .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pic of finished repair
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Oh and by the way , I had been estimating the trucks weight at 6000 pounds , guess what the rollback had built in scales . I couldn't hardly believe it. Guess how much it weighed exactly. Yep 6000lbs.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's amazing those bearing sets last as long as they do, especially with heavier/bigger-offset tires, they can loosen up a little over time but when they really start to go, they go fast. In Jeeps (2/3rds the weight of the Sub or less) they seem to be good for about 200K, then watch out. You might wanna pick a weekend to do a pre-emptive on the other side...? You can feel when they're getting worn just by giving a good shake. Parts are pricey but less than the tow...

Comment

Getting heavy tires in a high rig... Roll it.. Lift and roll.. Roll it right up the bumper..
              Derby tires are doubled and tubed and many times have a 3/8" center welded in.. Usually roll them onto the trailer then over the tongue..

Comment

I rolled the tire to the bumper , it wouldn't go .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  It's amazing those bearing sets last as long as they do, especially with heavier/bigger-offset tires, they can loosen up a little over time but when they really start to go, they go fast. In Jeeps (2/3rds the weight of the Sub or less) they seem to be good for about 200K, then watch out. You might wanna pick a weekend to do a pre-emptive on the other side...? You can feel when they're getting worn just by giving a good shake. Parts are pricey but less than the tow...
                  Yeah , I'm planning on doing the drivers side in about 3 weeks that way I shouldn't have to do a axle / half shaft. Figure I'll do both upper ball joints at the same time . Those should be a price of cake since they aren't original . Just a unbolt deal .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sorry this gave out on you but it's good that there was no other damage. Miss you guys at the track!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Sorry this gave out on you but it's good that there was no other damage. Miss you guys at the track!

Dan
                      Yeah , we really want to get down there .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

This is a little tongue in cheek but it did take awhile to pull it off and it did require a lot of skill to not render the button useless . I rebuilt the volume button on the stereo . The whole front part of the rectangular button was gone only leaving the outer edge . I got some model car glue and slowly filled it in .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I may sand it down flat with a drummer tool and paint it . Maybe .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

How did the button break?
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                                how did the button break?

"too loud" (poke poke poke )

Comment

Working...
                                X