Malc?s Camaro Gets Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malc?s Camaro Gets Heads

Picked them up from the airport post office today.
    Brodix, IK200 Iron Killer Chev SB Aluminum Heads.
    ;D

Re: Malc?s Camaro Gets Heads

NICE!!!
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Well done Malc..

This is gonna sound pretty naive.. and I could just Google the answer.. But in the interests of making conversation..

These "Iron Killer" look like aluminum.. Or is that the point behind their name? I guess if they were iron, maybe their name would be "Killer Iron". :P

Edit: Hey, I just read your first post PROPERLY and you even say they're aluminum. (Note to self. Steve, read through the ####ing post with your stupid eyes open!!.)

So Malcy baby, when do these get bolted down?

Comment

Edit: Hey, I just read your first post PROPERLY and you even say they're aluminum. (Note to self. Steve, read through the ####ing post with your stupid eyes open!!.)

It must be very late today, Wednesday, or very early tomorrow for you down under. ;D

So Malcy baby, when do these get bolted down?

The car has to go back to the paintman for some touching up...............probably end of next week.

Note to self, cover the fenders while working on motor.

I got some thin FelPro head gaskets, compression will be 10.6:1, the gaskets look like thin tin.....very thin tin.
        :D

Comment

Silly me I was forgetting this, my new BG Speed Demon 750, so those heads don?t go thirsty. 8)

Comment

Nice Demon - if it does not have the idle eeze kit in it - I would highly recomend it.... if it Idles OK as is - good, if you can't seem to get it adjusted no mater what - put the kit in - they are about $35.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              Nice Demon - if it does not have the idle eeze kit in it - I would highly recomend it.... if it Idles OK as is - good, if you can't seem to get it adjusted no mater what - put the kit in - they are about $35.

It has the idle eeze all new BG?s have it.
              My 650 is five years old, has it as well, a very neat feature.

Comment

Damn,"M" the WHOLE Car is either Silver or Ally-min-yum ;D! I see a theme here ;). ~J/W0OO6.

Comment

Quickest 3rd Gen in Spain?

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The only third gen in Spain?
                    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by 82z
                      The only third gen in Spain?
                      Nope, one just down the roadaways, Pontiac.

Comment

New heads carb and paint.....I envy you guys that can gather the coin for that kind of work and parts.....stupid kids needing food and clothing really put a cramp on ones car building budget :D. Looks like it will be a helluva lot of fun when you're done ...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

These are glory days for me, Euro/Dollar exchange rate is unbelievable.
                          I suffered before when a dollar cost me 1,5Euros.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

BTW I had a paint piggy bank for over a year to accumulate funds.

Comment

good to see progress is being made, my friend.

Comment

Sweeeeet scores Malc! Nothing goes better with a shiny new paint job than killer heads and carb! ;D

I do have a few minor recommendations for the carb. First, make sure you follow the directions for getting it initially set up. Next, if you intend to do any tuning, now is the time to take out the orange sticky bowl gaskets and swap in the Holley blue non stick ones. This will make taking the bowls off much easier (the orange stuff usually needs to get scraped off). You'll also ensure the bowls are free of any debris (a problem some have had with new BGs). Next, make sure the idle eze is turned all the way in to start with (fully closed). I don't think many combos need this feature, but it's better to have it than to have to drill your butterflies. Last, if you can tweak your distributor, limit the amount of centrifugal advance as much as possible so you can run more initial advance, which really helps the BG carbs idle.

You might already know all this stuff, but I ran into problems one-by-one over a long period of time before getting it figured out. I replaced an Edelbrock 750 with the Speed Demon 750 and it felt like I changed heads or something. You're in for trouble seeing you did change heads too!
                              Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X