Malc?s Camaro Gets Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malc?s Camaro Gets Heads

Heads are?nt changed yet, I?m waiting on head gaskets.
    I figured on Fel Pro 0.015 gaskets which I have but decided 0.039 would be more "streetable".
    I already have a Speed Demon 650, neat carbs in my opinion,
    and on your advise I?ll swap out the gaskets, I have spare blue ones.

I have an MSD distributor which is totally tweakable.
    I run 16? initial at the moment.

Comment

Gaskets came today, let the fun begin................. ;D

Comment

The old ones are off and I?m pooped................been a very hot day and no shade tree.

Comment

Did you have a week with no shade or have the carbon scraping blues?

When does Malc's Camaro get to wear her new heads and go out and play? :D
          Tampa, FL

Comment

Job done.
            Feel the difference....... ;D

Comment

Well done Malc.. ;)

Taken it for a wild ride around the neighborhood yet? Happy with it?

Comment

Sweeeet - great job!

I'd imagine the difference is pretty extreme.

Is that blanket Spain's version of a rev-kit? :D
                Tampa, FL

Comment

I?m like a pig in poo, lovin?it, sure does move better than before.
                  I still have the other carb to install but could?nt wait long enough to get it dialed in.
                  I have a small issue with "running out of fuel sort of" after a burst on the throttle, tends to hesitate and stumble.
                  The problem was there with the other heads, I?m thinking a 7.5PV rather than a 6.5 should do the trick.

Comment

I wouldn't mess with the power valve yet. The 6.5 works for most combos and changing to a 7.5 won't make much difference.

Regarding the running out of fuel problem - is there a filter somewhere between the pump and the carb? I don't see one and if you're running those stone insert filters in the carb inlets, they like to get super clogged quickly. If you don't have a filter before the carb, maybe some stuff is blocking the needle/seat.

If it's not a filter issue, the another thing to play with is the spring for the secondaries. It comes from BG with a pretty stiff spring that delays the secondaries from opening. You should try the lightest spring you can use that doesn't create any bogs.

Also make sure you have the accelerator pump arms adjusted right (described in the manual).
                    Tampa, FL

Comment

I have a large filter on the pass side of the motor not at the carb inlets.
                      Accelerator pump arm is adjusted per the manual.
                      I did try other secondary springs but found the original to be best.

In Pit Stop, August Hot Rod, carb tuning is discussed and Quick Fuel reckon a
                      Power Valve that opens at half the idle vacuum reading.
                      Mine idles at 15in-hg so I thought maybe start there as the power valve may be
                      shutting off too soon after a burst on the throttle.
                      When the car after a hard acceleration stumbles the vac gauge drops to zero,
                      I then have to feather the throttle to get it to recuperate.

Comment

Working...
                      X