Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    cool beans
    Thank-you. By-the-way if you still have the iron front plate from your AX15 and aren't going to use it for anything, it's worth money to me as my other trans I bought is missing it.

Next up is to figure out how to make the Jeep 15-pulse-per-rev (I think) VSS sender into a GM 40-pulse (I think) one that the ECM for the LT1 can use. Since my T56 that has the correct one needs to be converted from VSS to old-style speedo drive I may be able to mix and match parts from the two transmissions. I have some research to do on that yet.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Thanks Bob. Seems like a lot of effort but look at the June '19 Car Craft where they somehow figure out how to spend over $7,750.00 making their Malibu a five-speed stick...I'll be into this set for about a tenth as much, including a spare pedal set I have around so you can't say I'm ahead for having one come with the car. Or if I wanted a (as yet unproven by the market) McLeod trans such as they used with a claimed 600lbs torque capacity, add $2675 which is the 3K for the McLeod minus what I spent on the AX15. For this daily driver the Aisan trans should be tough enough, if I ever break it a McLeod or whatever works with the stock manual-release bellhousing could replace it. I'm notoriously easy on drivetrains, the only trans I've ever really busted up was a Vega/Opel 4spd which, like, should have come in lawn mowers.

Comment

I really enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for sharing.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X