ID:	1241682
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

nice
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I like it, please be kind to it no welded on door latches on the hood this time
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

This one has almost all of the original parts, so no need to weld crap on to it to fix things that were missing.

308, has provisions for two carbs (that were missing), 3 speed with overdrive, 4.56 gears, cork clutch (!) that seems to be working, etc.Still had coolant in the radiator, and old gas in the tank. Was repainted and upholstered in the 1980s, it appears, but left outside for all those decades since. Someone did put 150 miles on it since 1988, according to the old title that came with the car.

I got the engine to crank and fire for a few moments. First, I put a couple old Chevy BC carbs on it. Good compression, no cloud of blue smoke like they usually have. There's hope for it.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Cool old car! Hope it survives Lemons and can have a further life - Hudsons are too cool to simply bash up.

Dan

Comment

308... Big 6...
              Think it is an inliner 8?
              Good torquey cars

Comment

The 308 is a straight 6. They also made a straight 8, but it was smaller displacement.

I'll do my best to take care of it Dan...

My fabulous web page

Comment

Beyond bitchin!!!!!!!!
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

thanks!

I got a couple of old Chevy carbs on it and working...added a pulse type electric pump I already had laying around, at the back. It runs pretty nice, no clouds of blue smoke, no noises. No brakes yet either, waiting on parts still. I'm working on the electric system now, converting to 12v, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twin h.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	1241944
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Nice.. Torquey.. Should scoot decently for what it is.

Comment

Fabulous!

Comment

thanks!

I got some brake parts in the mail today, and got the wheels back on.. Went for a couple real short drives. Those 4.56 gears will probably have to go, even with the overdrive, which I haven't got working yet, it will rev pretty high.

The water pump started leaking when I first turned the engine, and it's pretty bad when it builds pressure--there's coolant all over the engine compartment now, after the drives. Also the radiator is kind of plugged up looking, and it got up to about 200 degrees on the head according to the temp gun (guage is not working yet). I went ahead and ordered a new pump, and I also looked over the spare radiator that was in the trunk of the car. It looks mostly pretty good, not plugged. but when I put water in it, and held my hand over the bottom fitting, it leaked some out of a tube where it got damaged in storage/handling. I might take it up to the radiator shop in Tucson this week and see what they can do with it.

The brakes, steering, clutch, throttle, suspension, etc all seem to work mostly ok. The carbs are a bit iffy, which isn't surprising. I need to get the choke thing sorted out, and see if I can find some air cleaners for them. They use the newer style, not the original clamp on, so that will be a little challenging.

Click image for larger version  Name:	first drive.jpg Views:	1 Size:	356.5 KB ID:	1242157
                          Last edited by squirrel; May 6, 2019, 07:40 PM.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Electric overdrive?

I it must be fun challenge getting an old car running just good enough to do Lemons, this one looks like it will sail through the drive.

Thanks for telling us about it.
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The old Borg Warner overdrive units were used in lots of cars from the 30s-70s. They use a solenoid to engage, and a governor and relay and kickdown switch to control the egagement/disengagement. The solenoids were different for 6v and 12v, and I don't want to burn out the solenoid, they're kind of expensive.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X