Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    But BBR,... all derby cars go thru the hood! ... Makes adjusting the carb exciting... Outlet a foot from your head with about 14-1 cr...

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Negative. We are not that cool.... Or dumb. Hahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Fender exit. That seems to be the trend among all the fast guys even if it is stupid. Haha
    Yeah...um...nope. I’ll leave that for the young fellers. Except my young fellers - unless they do it all on their own.

You and Judd gonna shoot ducks through the hood of the Stang?
    Last edited by STINEY; November 20, 2019, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Fender exit. That seems to be the trend among all the fast guys even if it is stupid. Haha

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Going to drop this here for future reference. Weld 2 muffs end to end, add exits to the sides rather than the end. Neat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9ctQ1MJ.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1256481

Name:	jjSUugm.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1256482

Name:	ohCFZyZ.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1256483

Name:	O4Qskay.jpg
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1256484
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    At first I thought, why not put both muffs under the back seat like the one is . But then I thought , you'd be able to see two muffs and the gig would be up . Yes ?

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Thanks Dan. Those are great, just spent 10 minutes poring all over them with zoom. That’s a neat exhaust setup for sure.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Here's the pics of the Volvo exhaust.

Starting from the rear:

Name:	IMG_2077.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	1252370

And rolling forward on the creeper:

Name:	IMG_2078.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	1252371

Next: Note the wrap - the fuel line runs in that area and I protected it as best as I could.

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	1252372

Header attachment:

Name:	IMG_2080.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	1252373

Slightly better shot of where I added the Ebay flanges. Well worth doing, at least in this swap.

Name:	IMG_2081.jpg
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	1252374

Dan

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F0c%2F1f%2Fc8%2F0c1fc8ae3e919ee149af696b9b2f2d26.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1252351
    That one's missing its fuel tank so there's a ton more room. I'll get pics later today.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fj3y0f9tmZsc%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	1252353

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F0c%2F1f%2Fc8%2F0c1fc8ae3e919ee149af696b9b2f2d26.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1252351

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

The teenager in me wants to run the exhaust out in front of the rear tires. Either on both sides or both out one side, but true duals either way. The adult side says true duals out the back under the axle, probably both on one side just for the EuroTrash Vibe.
    you're building this for a teenager, you should have no valid reason against any of those....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

We would love a picture or ten. Absolutely. Please and thank you.

And I hope we don’t need to know that either, but it is sure good to know. Does Dick find his wagen to be severely range limited with the V8? Must be the case to perform the work of grafting 2 tanks together?
    1) Yes, he's spending a lot of time at the gas station. That tank is only about 16 gallons and the 347 has a drinking problem (well, a heavy right foot probably contributes as well).

2) The exhaust on the wagon exits in 2 side-by-side pipes on the right side. It adds to the sleeper vibe as it looks like maybe an Anza or some such system. His was made by a guy in (IIRC) Connecticut who had done a number of them and it's really a nice job. I'll get pics tomorrow.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    no sidepipes?
    The teenager in me wants to run the exhaust out in front of the rear tires. Either on both sides or both out one side, but true duals either way. The adult side says true duals out the back under the axle, probably both on one side just for the EuroTrash Vibe.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    The guy who built the wagon's exhaust did a great job (want a pic?)

BTW - those tanks are $118 (includes freight) on line and they have a built-in drain plug so they're relatively easy to replace. Hope you don't need to know that but just in case.
    We would love a picture or ten. Absolutely. Please and thank you.

And I hope we don’t need to know that either, but it is sure good to know. Does Dick find his wagen to be severely range limited with the V8? Must be the case to perform the work of grafting 2 tanks together?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X