X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 Buick fit better?

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
      Rover V8... Just wish the trans for them weren't so confounded hard to deal with.
      my dad built an adapter for the Turbo 350 to the 215 bellhousing pattern. According to him the register pins on the Buick motor are in the same place as the Chevy pattern. Making an adapter was as easy after that discovery.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        300 Buick fit better?
        No real need. There were 2 companies that specialized in smog-legal swaps back in the 90's - one liked Ford swaps and the other liked Chevy. Both fit handily.

See. Plenty of room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1244364

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my dad built an adapter for the Turbo 350 to the 215 bellhousing pattern. According to him the register pins on the Buick motor are in the same place as the Chevy pattern. Making an adapter was as easy after that discovery.
          I have heard this from my 70+ buddy Jim as well.

Comment

14" factory wheels on the Volvo; tires only so-so. While the Buick Regal in its original-ness warranted some new 14's, there is no way the Volvo gets that kind of money just for tires.

How about some nice slightly used aftermarket wheels with tires, both slightly used at under 1000 miles and purchased last July? Oh yeah, sold.

Going to get these very soon. 5x108 , 17x7.5 TSW Suzuka wheels , Cooper Zeon 245-45-17 tires.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AyOPPFL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	1244998
            Last edited by STINEY; June 4, 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              14" factory wheels on the Volvo; tires only so-so. While the Buick Regal in its original-ness warranted some new 14's, there is no way the Volvo gets that kind of money just for tires.

How about some nice slightly used aftermarket wheels with tires, both slightly used at under 1000 miles and purchased last July? Oh yeah, sold.

Going to get these very soon. 5x108 , 17x7.5 TSW Suzuka wheels , Cooper Zeon 245-45-17 tires.

Click image for larger version Name:	AyOPPFL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	1244998
              Wish we had those on Dick's Volvo. He's running a set of 15s which look too small to my eye. He just did a fresh set of tires so I'm sure he'll run those for a while.

Dan

Comment

You know Dan.....I don't recall seeing any Full-On camera shots of Dicks Volvo. Got any Glamour shots of it?

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                  I'm guessing Volvos with - say - American V8s - don't qualify. Sounds like they intend to sell Genuine Volvo parts and service.

Dan

Comment

I don't know if this is a glamor shot or not but here's the Volvo and it's person in front of my shop.

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	1245028

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I don't know if this is a glamor shot or not but here's the Volvo and it's person in front of my shop.

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	1245028
                      WOW - I never realized it was a wagon. You guys should of put the SBF mid-ship!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - I never realized it was a wagon. You guys should of put the SBF mid-ship!
                        In addition to the one up front!

Dan

Comment

New weather stripping on the passenger side installed. Ran out of daylight, will have to do the driver side today.

Its the little things that make the difference between a POS beater and a decent ride. These quieted down LOTS of rattles and will keep lots of water out of the inner door/window mechanism.

Here you can see how bad the originals were. Basically non-existent on the drivers door.

Name:	OWfnvrJ.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	1245544

And minty fresh goodness.

Name:	iwQYJSd.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	1245543

Comment

And harvest continues. 3.6" of rain in the last 2.5 days is slowing up progress.Click image for larger version  Name:	vRzU1vR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	406.6 KB ID:	1245977
                            Last edited by STINEY; June 17, 2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Salt box!
                              Lotsa rain..
                              Already burn bans here, normally mid-late July, early August...

Comment

Working...
                              X