Project Tom - '90 Volvo 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    And harvest continues. 3.6" of rain in the last 2.5 days is slowing up progress.Click image for larger version Name:	vRzU1vR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	406.6 KB ID:	1245977
    Why not simply restore the van? (Old McDonald - "With a weld weld here and a weld weld there, here a weld there a weld everywhere a weld weld.....")

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Why not simply restore the van? (Old McDonald - "With a weld weld here and a weld weld there, here a weld there a weld everywhere a weld weld.....")
      Dan
      Kid'd be a master welder when done...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Kid'd be a master welder when done...
        'Zakly! Though I'm not sure there are enough old hoods in the US to provide the sheet metal.

Dan

Comment

Might not be, lol. And yet the under carriage, floor, and unibody "frame" are the next thing to perfect. Weird. I was tempted to make his older brother put tires on it and drive it "as-is".

Yesterday Wes was a Machine. Drivers seat, driveshaft, complete dual exhaust system, radiator, and all the front body pieces for engine extraction are removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5iDz2hS.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	1246779
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Love the dog assistant keeping tabs on the progress - very cool! And a GREAT job of raisin' boys. With them having a vested interest in their cars they'll be a lot more careful with them.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              And harvest continues. 3.6" of rain in the last 2.5 days is slowing up progress]
              Farmers.... complain when there's no rain, complain when it is raining, next you all are going to be whining about a bit of heat.... some people's children and the Volvos they drive.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was just noticing today - while I was mowing - how part of the yard is browning up already. Been a whole 3 days without rain, it’s too early for that, corn needs a little moisture.

Meanwhile, Wednesday we planted beans. Thursday afternoon that field got 3” in 30 minutes. Those beans are now on the OTHER side of the road. Home rain gauge was bone dry.

Yep. We farmers pray for favorable weather. No sense confusing the issue, eh?

Comment

I was watching Welker farms and they were talking about the rain during his video - and he must have quoted you "well, it's not enough rain to really saturate the soil but it's enough to tamp down what's already there" ... tamp down? It's been a year of weather, some places didn't get all their planting down because it was so wet....

Comment

Farmers are having a really rough patch this year... My heart goes out to them....
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Farmers are having a really rough patch this year... My heart goes out to them....
                      farming (or ranching for that matter) is not for the faint of heart.... it's one of the few professions that you work all year and could have worse-then-nothing to show for it...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

farming (or ranching for that matter) is not for the faint of heart.... it's one of the few professions that you work all year and could have worse-then-nothing to show for it...
                        I fully agree... with the inability to control weather, fuel and supply prices or the final market value, it's a crapshoot.... I come from a very large family of farmers, and those who do not farm, support farming in other ways(transportation(either trucking or shipping), grain processing, feed and grain, implements, or mechanical/electrical repair....) this season is hard on all of us...this is our life and land, and we wouldn't have it any other way...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Ain't that the truth.. Raised sheep, 150 breeding ewes with 150% (meaning 1/2 of the ewes gave twins.) I was tired all the time, broke, could not go anywhere! Then had 20 Black Anguses, better but still lots of work.
                          On top of a 4-10 job.
                          Young and fit, was ok... Now? Pffft, like my recliner too much..

Comment

you know, with all this farm talk...

Why is a dairy considered a farm?

Comment

Indeed.

Along those lines - why is a horse owner qualified for tax exempt status for equine stuff based on ownership alone? It’s not the 1800’s.

Comment

you know, with all this farm talk...

Why is a dairy considered a farm?
                                The farmer is harvesting milk that is sold, milk is food. Therefore dairy = farm.

Having pet horses is not a farm.
                                Last edited by Russell; July 1, 2019, 06:52 AM.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X