Redline's '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline's '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon

Acquired this Wagon last fall (Sept. '18). Haven't gotten around to posting the Wagon or creating a hyperlink for it yet, but working at it now.
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon I picked up with 64,9xx original miles. Was at least partially repainted once in 2004. Picked up in Sioux Falls, SD.
    Special Thanks to Jim M (MoparJim71) and George (200wins) for assistance with setting up long distance "eyes on" to be sure the Wagon was a decent car as described by the seller...
    Turns out it's a pretty darn nice car!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	73 Dodge Coronet at home Nov 11 2018a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	712.3 KB ID:	1247459Click image for larger version  Name:	73 Dodge Wagon 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	1247460Click image for larger version  Name:	73 Dodge Wagon 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	1247461
    Last edited by Redline04; July 3, 2019, 08:15 PM.
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Drove out to Sioux Falls on Veterans Day 2018 to see it in person, paid the man and drove it 380 miles home without any issues. Primary idea is to have a solid Family cruiser for doing shows and the Long Haul Power Tour.
    To that end, with nothing more than fresh oil, filters and plugs, I did the 2019 HRPT Long Haul this year (3104mi round trip) to both have Fun cruising, and decide what future improvements to make on the Wagon. Only minor glitch on the journey this year was an off idle stumble. A HRPT style carb rebuild by Vic (67ragtop) at his shop in Fancy Gap got things smoothed out and the car ran great the rest of the trip. (well, except for the blown front Lt shock thanks to Illinois potholes)…
    Last edited by Redline04; July 3, 2019, 08:57 PM.
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61F56E10-20C1-4392-AF22-65EE94582C68.jpeg
Views:	519
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1247469Click image for larger version

Name:	B9457FEC-7393-49BF-A78B-7415CBB731E4.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	1247470
      79 Trans Am project
      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

if only McSquatch would see this and buy in as well.

Nice wagon
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I like it . It takes me back to my first car , a 74 tan 4 door Plymouth satellite . It looked like an unmarked sheriff car around indy around 79 . Man that car had a hard life but never gave up .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Great car! And cool that you're having fun with it. Vic and Brian do great work - we've been friends for a while now.

Dan

Comment

That wagon is fabulous. Looks like new and runs that way also. Great find/buy Jon!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

nice score!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

First step now is to tighten up the suspension. Can feel the front shocks bottom out on really rough roads. Pretty sure the seal on front left blew when I hit a nasty pothole in Illinois on the trip home from Power Tour.(can see some minor oil residue leaking directly below that shock)
                  I’ve checked with UMI, they don’t have anything for it, but some quick research Nate did for me shows that Viking might have a good set that will work. RideTech website has an adjustable set that will fit front, but nothing for the rear.
                  I will put new rear springs on as well. The originals are flat level right now, no arch at all. We plan to find a small teardrop style camper to pull on long road trips, so a stout rear is important too.
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

This Link might give you some information:
                    Improved ride, handling, and load hauling capability for your 1973 Dodge Coronet are just a phone call away. We have the performance suspension parts you need.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Mopar rear springs? No problem..... Not really for towing but the price is certainly right.

Find Mopar Performance Competition Leaf Springs and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! How can you improve your traction at the race track? Use these Super Stock leaf springs from Mopar Performance. They're designed to control torque roll, providing equal bite on the rear wheels through limited axle windup. These springs don't lock the rear, but allow it to move, keeping the tires in constant contact with the race track, where they belong.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

this isn't commentary on the spring recommendations, more a beware post. I ordered new springs for the back of my 64 Buick wagon - and what I got were a much lighter rate spring. Contacted the seller, "oh we're sure those are the right ones" ... they aren't and the fight begins... the take away is know the coil count and material thickness and ask for that information from the seller before buying. I'm in the midst of the 'is it really worth the fight' since the springs are $40 a pair and I'd have to spend more money sending them back in the futile hope that they'll pay that too.... point is, ask now, pay later ;)
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The car looks good John! It was nice to see you and the car in person on the Tour.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Sleeping for Winter... long wait for April and salt free roads...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_221502.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	760.4 KB
ID:	1259255 ​​​​​​​
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Hope it has a nice snooze. I love that our cars can be out and about all year - today will be 78*F if the weather folks are right. There's a reason we moved from Up North!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X