Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline04
    replied
    Of course O'Reilly's had the correct pump. Veterans discount too! Installed & running well. Now to find a car show or two to cruise off to

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Exactly the same but different. I bet we've all done there been that!

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Just a Heads Up......
    take both with you. I have had Right Part Numbers,
    Wrong Unit in the Box, and you start chasing
    new/different part numbers in frustration.
    Also, returns often are swapped when someone else Ordered wrong parts, and sends the wrong part back in
    In the box that the correct part came in just to get their
    money back.......

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    While a few updates to the TA have taken priority the past few weeks, the Wagon has apparently become jealous and decided the fuel pump should fail.
    Called Summit to be sure I was ordering the correct Carter pump to replace the factory 1973 pump. Guy says Yes, order pn M6935. So I did.
    Late this afternoon I wandered out to the garage to do the replacement. Tomorrow I will apparently be going to O'Reilly's to get the Correct pump.. Glad I'm not out on the road to Memphis trying to get this right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220611_205857.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1320372

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Sparta/Cookeville is a great area, but getting crowded.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Had a buddy in Sparta - GREAT area. But they still have winter though not like Up North. We're in coastal SE NC - beautiful and relatively warm all year though we do get a few overnights in the 20s so the bug population is kept at least a bit in check.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Looking forward to a move towards eastern TN, probably vicinity of Clarksville/Northeast side of Knoxville. Probably still a few years away, but doing a lot of researching. Looking forward to warmer winter season and the ability to get out more.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Hope it has a nice snooze. I love that our cars can be out and about all year - today will be 78*F if the weather folks are right. There's a reason we moved from Up North!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Sleeping for Winter... long wait for April and salt free roads...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_221502.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	760.4 KB
ID:	1259255 ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    The car looks good John! It was nice to see you and the car in person on the Tour.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    this isn't commentary on the spring recommendations, more a beware post. I ordered new springs for the back of my 64 Buick wagon - and what I got were a much lighter rate spring. Contacted the seller, "oh we're sure those are the right ones" ... they aren't and the fight begins... the take away is know the coil count and material thickness and ask for that information from the seller before buying. I'm in the midst of the 'is it really worth the fight' since the springs are $40 a pair and I'd have to spend more money sending them back in the futile hope that they'll pay that too.... point is, ask now, pay later ;)

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Mopar rear springs? No problem..... Not really for towing but the price is certainly right.

Find Mopar Performance Competition Leaf Springs and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! How can you improve your traction at the race track? Use these Super Stock leaf springs from Mopar Performance. They're designed to control torque roll, providing equal bite on the rear wheels through limited axle windup. These springs don't lock the rear, but allow it to move, keeping the tires in constant contact with the race track, where they belong.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    This Link might give you some information:
    Improved ride, handling, and load hauling capability for your 1973 Dodge Coronet are just a phone call away. We have the performance suspension parts you need.

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    First step now is to tighten up the suspension. Can feel the front shocks bottom out on really rough roads. Pretty sure the seal on front left blew when I hit a nasty pothole in Illinois on the trip home from Power Tour.(can see some minor oil residue leaking directly below that shock)
    I’ve checked with UMI, they don’t have anything for it, but some quick research Nate did for me shows that Viking might have a good set that will work. RideTech website has an adjustable set that will fit front, but nothing for the rear.
    I will put new rear springs on as well. The originals are flat level right now, no arch at all. We plan to find a small teardrop style camper to pull on long road trips, so a stout rear is important too.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    nice score!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X