new project car!! 67 chevy II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project car!! 67 chevy II

i picked up a 1967 chevy II 2 dr. hardtop this past fri. for $4k. i dont have any pics. yet. but, heres some from the add where i bought it. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/1249356377.html car is a roller of course. it came with alot of new parts. new gas tank, new rad. core support, pass. 1/4 and floorpan (already installed), new heater core, new aerospace front disc brakes and braided lines, new power master cyl., new power steering unit, new front end bushings (all of the brakes and bushings are installed), new rear bushings still in box, new fuel line, new rear brakes still in box, new carpet , new headliner. also has a new trunkpan (center) that will have to be installed. old one is already removed. all glass is in good shape and so is dash pad.

Re: new project car!! 67 chevy II

also came with two new crossmembers. stick and an auto., and a new battery trey.

Comment

Man I am JEALOUS! I love those little hardtop Novas. As Napoleon would say, LUCKY.................

Nik

Comment

Sounds like 4K worth of parts. I like the hard top novas too...one of my favorites..nice score
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

When I moved to Northern Cal in the late 80's it seemed every third rod was a box Nova. I got real bored with them. I guess it was from Nova overdose. But, lately, I've been growing a bigger appreciation of the little lightweights. I actually looked into buying a '65 that was a drag back in the early 70's. It was a total time machine.

Looks like you got a project that someone else did a lot of the hard work for you. The best kind to get!! Please keep us updated as you move along on it.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the replys. i took the car to my brothers to have the rear brakes installed, lines plumbed into the mastercylinder and the trunk pan put in. i should have it back for some pics. in a day or two. i had a 67 hardtop back in 98 or 99. i had to sale it at the time and didnt want to. the way the price has kept going up on these cars, i wasnt sure if i'd find another in my price range. BTW, in the pics it looks like some spots or holes in the drivers side rocker. this is NOT the case. it just had primer spots. although, i'm jealous of the west coast rustfree cars. seems hard to find one anymore. it should make a decent little car. towing it home, it seemed like their was hardly anything other than the trailer.

Comment

How many times did you look in that mirror just to stare at your new score back there on the trailer?
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Great Deal! Thats the way to get them, let someone else spend the money. That is one of my favorites. I found a 66 SS in a small town in Texas, just sitting there with no engine. Left my number but no call back. There was a sedan that sold locally awhile back for 4K. Good Luck with it.
                61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  How many times did you look in that mirror just to stare at your new score back there on the trailer?
                  lol, several. a friend of mine bought a 67 post about 4 months ago for $2500. it needs a pass. floorpan. he plans on making it into a racecar. he's giving me the seats. theyre bench seats that have been recovered in black voloure. but, look good (no tares). he's also giving me any suspension/brake piece if i need any. FREE PARTS!

Comment

got it home from getting the brakes fixed, trunk pan installed and front end sheetmetal bolted on. i also installed the new carpet and some seats a friend gave me from his car. i have some pics. if i can email them to someone to post. (not sure how). thanks

Comment

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

dont know how to post pics. i can email them.

Comment

took me a while to figure it out too....easiest thing to do is find a place to host your photos like photobucket , cardomain...upload them.....then right click the picture, select properties, copy the URL....then select the "insert image" icon here at bangshifts reply screen (its is the second one in from the left just above the smiley faces), and paste it....If you cant get it, email them to me and I will post them for you.... [email protected]

Comment

See http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

It has everything you need to figure out the picture deal
                            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Here you go man...looks good! ..

Comment

Working...
                              X