Hey from the southern most point in the continental US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey from the southern most point in the continental US

Been on vacation since Saturday. Kind of took our time getting her . Did some stuff in Georgia. Then came on down to Key West . I was finally successful on my third attempt. First time was long hauling on the 2005 Power tour from Wisconsin to Kissimmee Florida. Got to Kissimmee and a big tropical storm was coming up so we thought it prudent yo turn tail and run . Second time was when I bought the Blue vetts but the wife waved me off for the putter banks of N.C. . It was a good vacation but still ....
    But hey , it's crossed off the bucket list.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

We've been discussing a trip down to the Keys with several other HRPT folks that I run with. Of course it would be open for anyone wanting to go, details when things get more definite.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Looks like I didn't get this in general discussion. Steve can you move this If you see it
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Are you going to stay put for a bit or outrun the storm?
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Great picture, I hope to take one like it some day. Stopped at Key West on a cruise one time would like go back and spend a week.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Just in time for Dorian.... out of idle curiosity, why is this a project?
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 29, 2019, 09:04 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Our plan was take two days getting here having fun along the way stay two or three days and go up the east coast on the way home . We came down the west coast then accross alligator alley . We don't have to be home till 8pm Monday so who knows where we'll wander . Probably hit Daytona. The reason this is in projects is I was reading the Bunicorn thread and thought I made it out to the general discussion page but didn't make it .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                Our plan was take two days getting here having fun along the way stay two or three days and go up the east coast on the way home . We came down the west coast then accross alligator alley . We don't have to be home till 8pm Monday so who knows where we'll wander . Probably hit Daytona. The reason this is in projects is I was reading the Bunicorn thread and thought I made it out to the general discussion page but didn't make it .
                Darn Buicks, foiled again...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Come see us if you can. The guest room still works!

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan . We're not heading that far East . We started he as doing back last night . Spent the night in a cute mom and pop spot last night on Key Largo . Went kayaking which was fun . Think we'll have to buy some . We just got to the mainland again . All the gas stations are out of gas . Fortunately we filled up yesterday right before getting are room . So we have a range of 450 miles So we plan on sleeping in St. Augustine then heading to Greenville SC . an away from the coast and hopefully more gas .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Got gas about 90 miles back . The beach at St. Augustine is closed till after the storm so we went up to Daytona Beach .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X