X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Is that a flat black of some shade, or a flat silver.....whatever it is, it’s perfect.
    I'm not sure what Flatz calls it, but it's definitely not black. It's some sort of dark silver. I was hesitant when he told me he was going satin color, but now that it's done I really like it. Not sure I'd go there on my build mainly because we go to shows together, and I don't want to look like a copycat.
    He's got rear fenders and the roof filler being painted now, but says he wont use the fenders. Just wants them painted because he has them done. The roof filler is full of louvers, and wont be rain tight. It's a fair weather car obviously.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Is that a flat black of some shade, or a flat silver.....whatever it is, it’s perfect.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I posted some pictures of my buddy Mike's '35 Plymouth coupe awhile back, but I figured I'd post this latest update. He got the coupe painted in Flatz satin paint, and here it is after he got it home.

Since these pics he's taken it to the pinstriper also, and it's back home, but I haven't seen it since he got it back. He's waiting on me to finish up the wiring and other things so he can fire the 383 SBC.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I'm with you! When they removed my ascending colon a few months back I only took a few naproxum sodium (Advil) and then nothing. I'd rather be uncomfortable for a few days than the take potentially nasty meds.

Dan
    I've got a pretty high tolerance to pain, but a weak stomach too. So most pain pills usually cause me to toss them up soon after I take them. I avoid taking them just for that alone, but also because I don't want that crap in my system.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Thanks Aaron! Doc said we're all different as to how this affects each of us, but from what I've heard not all that different. I've stopped even the mild pain meds of tylenol and ibuprofen she ordered. Just not enough pain to continue, and even those make my stomach feel crumby. So we'll see how this progresses. Anxious to get back in the shop as soon as possible. I get bored pretty easily.
    I'm with you! When they removed my ascending colon a few months back I only took a few naproxum sodium (Advil) and then nothing. I'd rather be uncomfortable for a few days than the take potentially nasty meds.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Thanks Aaron! Doc said we're all different as to how this affects each of us, but from what I've heard not all that different. I've stopped even the mild pain meds of tylenol and ibuprofen she ordered. Just not enough pain to continue, and even those make my stomach feel crumby. So we'll see how this progresses. Anxious to get back in the shop as soon as possible. I get bored pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Geez Aaron, I can't like your last post about all the cutting! I'm allergic to doctors and cutting, but I know when to toss in the towel and go ahead with it!
    Did you have any changes in diet after your gallbladder surgery? I've been kinda snooping around the internet just to see what I should eat, and appears everything says to steer clear of fatty food from now on, or sugary foods too.
    No major dietary restrictions, but there is a penalty you pay for lower priced steaks (as they tend to have a lot more fat). I've always lived with the notion that everything has a price to be paid, and that's kind of how I eat - but with that said, I'm not Scott but I've lost some intestine as well; so the gallbladder thing is hard to separate from that prior surgery. I rarely eat: ice cream, steak, bacon, or ham. I also cut back on Turkey and Chicken (and continued to my complete avoidance of fish). Because of my other issues, it's taken awhile to get past "mild" on sauces. Tomatoes and strawberries also cause issues (though I refuse to give them or dairy up)... as I just implied, it's not a 'hard-fast-rule' for the rest of your life but one that means take caution and carry pepto.

I guess that is the long winded explanation that could be this - I'm careful about what I eat, but I don't count calories or fat.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by tnfkoray View Post
    you have great cars my friend :/
    Welcome to the madness! Love to have international BangShifters as you add a different flavor to the soup. And yes, he DOES have great cars.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; May 4, 2020, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tnfkoray
    replied
    you have great cars my friend :/

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Geez Aaron, I can't like your last post about all the cutting! I'm allergic to doctors and cutting, but I know when to toss in the towel and go ahead with it!
    Did you have any changes in diet after your gallbladder surgery? I've been kinda snooping around the internet just to see what I should eat, and appears everything says to steer clear of fatty food from now on, or sugary foods too.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Good. There isn't any cutting that I'd call a good thing, even when necessary. Glad this is working out well.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Did you guys have orthroscopy or full-blown open belly surgeries?
    small cut, remove - but in my case they were concerned it had already burst so time was of the essence.... but heck, after my other internal issues; one more scar on my belly really isn't noticeable.... without being graphic, they went into my intestines 4 times so I have scars on scars.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    I had Laparoscopic surgery, which has a much lower pain level and quicker recovery time. Only thing the doc said was not to lift over 20 lbs. for two weeks or chance getting a hernia around one of the 4 cuts they did to access my gallbladder. Of course left to my own devices I'd be out there again as soon as I felt like it. But my wife is still hovering over me and waking me if I'm napping to make sure I take some pill, or maybe just to check if I'm alive? But I know she'll kick my rear if I break the rules, so I'll watch and make sure she's not looking before I do anything.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Did you guys have orthroscopy or full-blown open belly surgeries?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Thanks for the thoughts guys! I had no idea how bad my situation was during this, and only informed after it was fixed that the situation was very bad. Of course doctors and nurses kept asking me if I was on BP medicine, and I told them I never had high blood pressure until the last couple months.
    Sure makes me extremely appreciative of so many little things like good food, to bigger things like good health!
    when they got my gallbladder it was much the same. Ate ice cream at 7, started feeling worse and worse. Went to the ER waited an hour, they were busy, started to go home but on the way out a nurse said I should try the 24 care center. Went to quick care at midnight.. They started with 'just a few tests then you'll need to get something done eventually'.... by 2 in the morning it was, we'll see if we can find someone, at 3 they took me in an ambulance back to the main hospital and at 6 am I was in surgery. Much the same diagnosis - but they knew I had the gall stone from a prior regular doctor/MRI visit. The surgeon said it almost burst in the operating room. I figure I got every last mile out of my gall bladder

Part of me is still concerned that they went from "you're not that bad" to "OMG" in 1 hour. That said, alls well that ends - they kept me in the hospital for 5 calendar days (release Wednesday) and I was back at work on Thursday. Did my car stuff that weekend - it was funny that outside of the surgery site, it really didn't hurt much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X