X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Saw this nice little console made from a shift boot, two valve covers, a little sheet metal and a huge socket as the cupholder........pretty neat.

The idea is good, but looks like it must be in a rat rod? I'm afraid even my low budget project needs something a little nicer. But I think a similar idea using old aluminum valve covers could work if I weld aluminum sheet between them and polish or brush the finish, and cut holes for cup holders! But I might have to rebuild my shifter if I do this as it's a short arm, and it might restrict movement if the boot was that high above the floor.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Saw this nice little console made from a shift boot, two valve covers, a little sheet metal and a huge socket as the cupholder........pretty neat.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 3, 2020, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post

I'm taking them to the protest tonight. But leaving the coupe at home.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

carefull, some butthurt idiot may take that as a racist remark nowdays....
    I'm taking them to the protest tonight. But leaving the coupe at home.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    The picture makes them look lighter from the flash, but they're very black in reality.

carefull, some butthurt idiot may take that as a racist remark nowdays....

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    My wife decided she wanted to help out on the build, so she sewed up covers for the ratty sun visors. She still needs to do the final sewing to close off the end, but they fit well, and look good. The picture makes them look lighter from the flash, but they're very black in reality.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Darn good thing! Surely not one of the pups.

Dan
    you haven't, yet, met Stella. when you do, you'll understand. A "for instance".... she loves trailing.... LOVES trailing. so much so that if a subject was standing on the edge of a cliff, she'd push the subject off to get a longer trail....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's not my wife
    Darn good thing! Surely not one of the pups.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I'm gonna tell your wife!

Dan
    it's not my wife

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

it's a weird car, the witch rides in the passenger seat in my car..... not on the dash
    I'm gonna tell your wife!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

it's a weird car, the witch rides in the passenger seat in my car..... not on the dash
    Appears to be a truck, and maybe the witch on the dash is better juu-juu.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Heck no, and no phone like his either! I'm jealous! And the cup holder too!!! Whoaaa! I just spotted the 8 track player. Now I'm gonna have to sell my car!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

but do you have a phone holder like this 39 Chevy does?
    Heck no, and no phone like his either! I'm jealous! And the cup holder too!!! Whoaaa! I just spotted the 8 track player. Now I'm gonna have to sell my car!
    Last edited by 1946Austin; June 30, 2020, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    In my continued effort to make the '39 a cruiser that I can take long drives with, I installed a 12 v. cigarette outlet. Maybe they call them something different today? But I had existing holes in the inset below my toggle switches, so I purchased one with a black rubber cover so I can run a phone charger, GPS, or whatever I need to use this style receptacle. Lots of spare circuits with my 21 circuit fuse block, so might as well use them up!
    but do you have a phone holder like this 39 Chevy does?

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Figured out my gas gauge issue the other day, and contacted the seller to exchange the gauge. I ordered a 0-90 ohm, and they sent me a 90-0 ohm, thus causing the reverse reading. Got the new gauge today, and got it installed.
    I also ordered some thin black foam rubber mat in a 4'x 5' size to put down in the trunk over the floor. I plan to get more black carpet from Home Depot, but want this under the carpet to deaden the noise, but not be slick like the foil back sound deadener is. I wont be gluing the carpet in the trunk, so this will keep it from slipping around also. I'll glue the carpet on the box I built to cover wiring, and vent lines, but leave it removable on the trunk floor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X