X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's a weird car, the witch rides in the passenger seat in my car..... not on the dash
    I'm gonna tell your wife!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

it's a weird car, the witch rides in the passenger seat in my car..... not on the dash
    Appears to be a truck, and maybe the witch on the dash is better juu-juu.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post

Heck no, and no phone like his either! I'm jealous! And the cup holder too!!! Whoaaa! I just spotted the 8 track player. Now I'm gonna have to sell my car!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

but do you have a phone holder like this 39 Chevy does?
    Heck no, and no phone like his either! I'm jealous! And the cup holder too!!! Whoaaa! I just spotted the 8 track player. Now I'm gonna have to sell my car!
    Last edited by 1946Austin; June 30, 2020, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    In my continued effort to make the '39 a cruiser that I can take long drives with, I installed a 12 v. cigarette outlet. Maybe they call them something different today? But I had existing holes in the inset below my toggle switches, so I purchased one with a black rubber cover so I can run a phone charger, GPS, or whatever I need to use this style receptacle. Lots of spare circuits with my 21 circuit fuse block, so might as well use them up!
    but do you have a phone holder like this 39 Chevy does?

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Figured out my gas gauge issue the other day, and contacted the seller to exchange the gauge. I ordered a 0-90 ohm, and they sent me a 90-0 ohm, thus causing the reverse reading. Got the new gauge today, and got it installed.
    I also ordered some thin black foam rubber mat in a 4'x 5' size to put down in the trunk over the floor. I plan to get more black carpet from Home Depot, but want this under the carpet to deaden the noise, but not be slick like the foil back sound deadener is. I wont be gluing the carpet in the trunk, so this will keep it from slipping around also. I'll glue the carpet on the box I built to cover wiring, and vent lines, but leave it removable on the trunk floor.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    In my continued effort to make the '39 a cruiser that I can take long drives with, I installed a 12 v. cigarette outlet. Maybe they call them something different today? But I had existing holes in the inset below my toggle switches, so I purchased one with a black rubber cover so I can run a phone charger, GPS, or whatever I need to use this style receptacle. Lots of spare circuits with my 21 circuit fuse block, so might as well use them up!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Got out early today to tackle some small things. I built a set of inside and outside plates to cover my wiper holes, and the driver's side gets a wiper motor below it. Passenger side will have a stainless button head allen to hold that plate in. I made up leads for the wiper motor, and marked the shaft length. Tore the motor apart and shortened the threaded shaft, and the stainless wiper arm shaft. Had a hole in the dash right behind the wiper motor, so opened it up and installed a toggle switch there to operate the motor. I will leave the wiper arm off, so it stays in good shape, and simply install it if I get caught in the rain.
    About the time I finished the wiper motor, the mailman showed up with my steering wheel adapter, so I ran and got my new 15" 3 spoke wheel, and took the big 18" Pontiac wheel off. I like the looks of the Pontiac wheel, but it's just way too big, and feels like I'm driving a big truck. So the new wheel looks good, and feels great. It got a slightly oversized grip. so it fills my big hands well. I got a satin black spoke, and a chrome horn cap, which makes less bling, but looks good to me.
    And the mailman was really good to me, as he brought my new locking trunk handle too! It was a quick install as it took the same holes as the '34 Chrysler handle I had, but I had to disassemble all the mechanism behind it to get to the nuts inside. Nice shiny chrome T handle, and now I wont worry about what's in the trunk when I'm not around the car.

Last edited by 1946Austin; June 26, 2020, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied

I've found tossing them in a garbage can discourages such behavior.... like I did with a cousin at my brother's funeral
    i once picked up a guy by his throat and [email protected] he sucker punched me
    when i was the doorman for moulinrouge-- and body slammed him inside
    a rolling dumpster that was a few feet away.......
    close enough?

but shes ten, man. im sure a kick to the face will suffice, no need to
    get nasty...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

(from my 10 year old niece, with a 'poke' each time...)
    "is it as irritating as this? is it as irritating as this?
    is it as irritating as this? is it as irritating as THIS?"............

[email protected] kid....gotta love her.
    I've found tossing them in a garbage can discourages such behavior.... like I did with a cousin at my brother's funeral

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

Yes, but more irritating. She'll eventually stop, but this will last forever!

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Well I'm irritated today.......

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Bummer!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Well I'm irritated today. I decided to drive the car around to burn off the oil that was left on the exhaust pipes, but also wanted to see how far down my tank would go before running out of gas. I took a 2 gal. gas can with me, and stayed near town where I could pour the gas in and then get to a station to fill it.
    It went right down to just damp before I ran out, which surprised me. Poured the 2 gal. in the tank, and then at the gas station I filled it as full as it could go to see the full tank amount. It took 9.7 gal. of gas, so a 12 gal. cell.
    This is when I got pissed off. I bought this as a 15.5 gal. fuel cell, and of course that's been much too long ago to do anything about it now. I really wanted as large as I could fit under the trunk, and now I'm 3 gal. short of what I was told it is. Pisses me off.
    And I removed the foam cell from this tank before installing it, so it should have gained volume, not lost volume! It must have been that new foam that adds volume when you put it in your fuel cell.
    I did the calculations today, which are LxWxH divided by 231, and it came out 12.7 gal. That's external measurements, so likely 12.5 gal. inside.
    Last edited by 1946Austin; June 25, 2020, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied

there was a point in past where I used new internals behind an older gauge so I maintained continuity. Nowadays, you can get custom faces - so you don't even need to pull a couple gauges apart to match..... try speedhut.com or autometer... funny thing is it is pretty affordable.
    Yes, gauge prices have really gotten much lower in recent years. Even Autometer has begun to offer inexpensive gauges!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X