Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Man! That is wrong!
    Here's a list of what Tennecco owns. Surprisingly they too are an American company. They used to be Tennessee Valley Oil Co.

Tenneco owns the following brands:

Comment

• Their list is longer than Holley's.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tennecco is a long-standing company though they seem to adding to their list of companies. Go big or go home I 'spose.

Dan

Comment

• Should get what you order/want... They should not decide for you.. Wonder if they will consolate everything into one line?

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I personally think if a seller is advertising a particular brand, and even includes pictures of that brand, then that's what they should be sending you. In this case it doesn't matter if the company owns the brand and numerous others, it should be the same part in the box. It doesn't matter to me if the box reads Tenneco, or Monroe. It's what's inside and what you ordered that matter.
              It appears I got Rancho shocks from the look of the product, and I don't know that they aren't as good, or if Rancho even made their own shocks too? Could be Rancho shocks were always made by Monroe to their specs?
              I'm glad Tenneco is a US company, and OK with them owning lots of other US companies. Better than being bought out by the Chinese.

Comment

• I got the exhaust system done today!! Hangers and even the chrome swap meet tips. And bolted up the electric cutouts, just so I was completely done!

Dropped the axle from the springs to mount up the front shock mounts I built. While the axle was loose I gave a good coat of gloss black on the springs. The factory black looked pretty poor, and doubt it would have held up long.
                Still need to make up the top shock mounts and get them welded or bolted to the frame rails.

Comment

• Sold off my Goodyear Eagle wrinkle walls and Centerlines from my Falcon gasser today. Same guy who bought the 9" Ford from my '39 asked to buy them and I'll never use them on the '39, so gave him a good deal on them.
                  Not much time today to play, but did dig through and located a few spare points distributors to choose from. I'll be converting one to electronic with a Accel conversion kit.

Comment

• Colder than Hell out in the shop today! It's high 30's here today, and I ran my little electric heater all day, but it was still chilly out there!
                    I got my upper shock mounts fabricated and installed.

I sanded the new front shocks and shot them with Duplicolor chrome paint to give a better match than the ugly white they were.

Reinstalled my brake master, and all the lines. Bled the front brakes, but had problems with the rear bleed screws so after getting them loose I think I'll buy new bleed screws before I do the rears.

Comment

• Get a tank mounted Mr Heater...we have a 2 burner one and mostly use one side. Gets real warm.. No fan or anything....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Get a tank mounted Mr Heater...we have a 2 burner one and mostly use one side. Gets real warm.. No fan or anything....
                        That's what I used before I got the hanging overhead heater - they work great! Peewee has it now.

Dan

Comment

• I have one of those tank mounted Mr. Heaters, but actually forgot about it until your post Bob. I have two of the fan forced salamander propane heaters, and they take up a lot of space, plus they'll drive me out in minutes! Just too much for my small space. I'll have to dig out the Mr. Heater and try it instead.
                          I need to gather up all my paint cans and body filler today and move them into the house for now. We're getting into the 20's at night and I'm afraid they'll go bad left out in the shop during these low temps.

Comment

• Since it's Thanksgiving I told Deb I'd take today off. But my son in law wanted to see the progress on the coupe, so we went out to look it over. While we were there I asked if he'd give me a hand removing the last piece of glass in the coupe; the rear window. So we got a couple screwdrivers and gradually pried it out and with one on each side we were able to catch it inside and not break it as it came loose.
                            Weatherstrip seal looks perfect, so I wont need to buy a new one!

Comment

• Good way to get free help!

Comment

• Started out today on my '69 Suburban. Went to go to the store the other day and my phone rang. It was my wife telling me I had no taillights! So parked it until today, and dug into the wiring.
                                Like most old rigs the wiring has been messed with, and I found several problems while troubleshooting it. One was a blown fuse that was caused by a short. I found a wire run to the front turnsignals that someone had trapped between the inner fender and the bracket holding the inner fender. Got it out and repaired, but still no lights.
                                Next I pulled all the lamps front, rear, and side marker, and began checking for a ground. None existed anymore, so I figured the one short was all I had. I pulled the parking lights on and began putting in the side markers, and found a couple burnt out, and replaced them. Then began installing the parking lamps up front and fund one side not working. Traced it to a butt splice someone installed for whatever reason, and repaired that.
                                Moved to the rear and one light didn't work. Pulled the interior side panels and found another place where some moron wired in a trailer plug and made a horrible mess with those insulation displacement connectors. One had cut a wire, so I removed all of them and repaired every connection.
                                Got all that done and checked turnsignals, and one was out in the same left side light. The wire was pulled out of the connector, so pinned it back in and finally got all the lights working.

Then finally got to the '39! I finished bleeding the brake system, and did some touchup on the black paint underneath that I saw while bleeding the brakes. Then pulled the differential cover, and of course the Pick N Pull guys had punched a hole in the differential cover to drain the rear axle. I cleaned it all up, and made up a small steel patch and welded it inside and out to ensure it seals. Gave it a coat of paint, and left it to dry until tomorrow.
                                I'll reinstall it, and add some friction modifier for the posi, and refill it later.

Comment

Working...
                                X