• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet lately, are you ok, Vall??

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Quiet lately, are you ok, Vall??
      Yeah, just slowing down a bit. Got a bad hernia and doc wont operate because it's "elective" surgery. Elective? My guts are hanging out of my stomach lining and it's elective? Plus having some stomach digestive issues, and another doc tells me the same thing. Can't come in for scope work, and they cancelled my appointment I already had for tomorrow. But other than that I'm great!!

Just buttoning up little things today. Fixed the leak at the rear brake fitting by cutting it off and flaring the end again. Dressed up wiring under the dash, and installed my new electronic tach. Started it up to check tach and the darn tach was reading 4,000 rpm's at idle! Shut it off and pulled the tach off the column. Opened it up and it had a selector switch inside. It was set to "4 cyl"! Switched it to 8 cyl. and it worked great.
      Hooked up the fill lines for the air shocks at the rear and put 30 lbs. in the shocks. They wont need much as they're just there for trips to the strip occasionally. I plumb them with separate feed lines so I can put an extra 15-20 psi in the right rear to make it launch straight. Then put it back down even for daily driving.
      Dug out my racing belts to see where to mount them. I'm only using the lap portion since I wont be doing a roll cage in this car. But I do prefer racing belts over the factory wimpy crap.
      Engine was running a little rich, so I checked float level and it was way too high from the factory. At the top of the sight window, do drained it down and adjusted floats to bottom of the window. Then had to open up the idle mixture screws to give it a bit more gas.
      Now I just wish I could get somebody to pump the brakes so I could bleed them! Wife refuses to help on brakes anymore. Says I'm not patient with her. ;)

Comment

• Bleeding Brakes, I always end up drinking some...
        But I can STOP at any time !!!

Comment

• I priced various pressure bleeders, and they aren't cheap for good kits. Most run around $125 at the low end, and go up from there. Not sure I'd use one at my age enough to justify it. Might have to ask the wife what she'd charge me to endure a brake bleeding session? ;)

Comment

• I made one out of a 1-gallon yard sprayer...........cheap.. I used a ball valve for on/off, plastic tubing, a pressure gage, and you're set. Be aware if the hose blows off under pressure you'll have a monumental mess to deal with.......ask me how I know.
            I modified a master cylinder cover so I could bleed downhill as well as uphill from the calipers. I drilled and plumbed it to do one system (front/rear) at a time.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 31, 2020, 07:11 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I made one out of a 1-gallon yard sprayer...........cheap.. I used a ball valve for on/off, plastic tubing, a pressure gauge, and you're set. Be aware if the hose blows off under pressure you'll have a monumental mess to deal with.......ask me how I know.
              I modified a master cylinder cover so I could bleed downhill as well as uphill from the calipers. I drilled and plumbed it to do one system (front/rear) at a time.
              I was looking online at a how to make it yourself kit using a 1 gallon sprayer. If I make one up I'll probably use a flat plate for the top and bend up some 1/4" all thread to secure it. A new cover and gasket for a Corvette master runs $30-$35, and then it wont fit any other cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                I priced various pressure bleeders, and they aren't cheap for good kits. Most run around $125 at the low end, and go up from there. Not sure I'd use one at my age enough to justify it. Might have to ask the wife what she'd charge me to endure a brake bleeding session? ;)
                don't tell her the going rate is $125
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Vall, I fell 3X in Nov. screwing up my hip.. Was scheduled April 7-8 for surgery.. All cancelled.. Can feel the nick in every step "elective" ! CCPFLU ruins everydamnthing!

Comment

Vall, I fell 3X in Nov. screwing up my hip.. Was scheduled April 7-8 for surgery.. All cancelled.. Can feel the nick in every step "elective" ! CCPFLU ruins everydamnthing!
                    Hope they can get to you soon! Sorry you're on the disabled list, at least for now.

Dan

Comment

Vall, I fell 3X in Nov. screwing up my hip.. Was scheduled April 7-8 for surgery.. All cancelled.. Can feel the nick in every step "elective" ! CCPFLU ruins everydamnthing!
                      The gastroenterologist told me due to my symptons and extreme weight loss he'd move me to the top of the list, once they get the OK to proceed. Doesn't do me much good if I keep losing weight at the rate of 30 lbs. a month. I needed to lose the first 30 lbs., but the next 30 lbs. might not be so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post

The gastroenterologist told me due to my symptons and extreme weight loss he'd move me to the top of the list, once they get the OK to proceed. Doesn't do me much good if I keep losing weight at the rate of 30 lbs. a month. I needed to lose the first 30 lbs., but the next 30 lbs. might not be so good.
                        I can send you at least 30 of mine.

Hope they take care of you soon.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I can send you at least 30 of mine.

Hope they take care of you soon.

Dan
                          Thanks Dan, but I'll pass. I've put those 30 lbs. on since I retired 10 years ago, and have gone from 180 to 210 lbs. over the last decade. Back at 180 lbs. and if they figure this out I'm going to try harder to stay at this weight.

Comment

• My new screws for the window channels in my doors came in today, so decided to get all the new fuzzy channel installed. The channel came with stainless #4 x 1/4" flathead wood screws, but they didn't have enough thread showing after going through the channel to barely grab in the holes. Plus being stainless they are impossible to hold, and trying to locate the hole caused me to lose 6 of the screws for every hole I drilled!
                            I ordered #4 flathead 1/2" long, and zinc plated. What a difference! Still tough to locate the holes I drill, because they close up after you pull the drill out. But marking the edge of the channel, and being able to hold the screw with a magnetic tip screwdriver made it go very well.
                            The top and rear edge of the door window opening is one piece that's done with bendable channel. The front vertical that's adjacent to the wing window is solid channel in straight pieces. And the lower door window opening is just a single edge stainless with rubber and fuzz on it to keep windows from rattling. Took about 6 hours to get both doors done with all the new channels and fuzzy edge, but they're ready for door glass. I need to buy the self adhesive rubber for wing windows, and door track, and of course nobody is open that has it. So I'll probably take a stab at installing the windshield and back window glass. Might be a task for two, but I'll use my glass suction cups, and see if I can do it without help.

I think I discovered why my vacuum brake bleeder wasn't working on the car too! I happened to be laying on the floor of the car reaching up inside the door, and looked over at the bake pedal. I noticed the brake operating rod was off center, so grabbed a flashlight to investigate. It had dropped out of the indent in the master that centers it! So it was holding the piston on the master cylinder down about 38"-1/2"! Guessing that was also closing off the ports from the master cylinder reservoir, and not allowing my vacuum pump to pull fluid down the lines!
                            I readjusted the rod so it doesn't have as much free play, and doesn't allow the rod to drop free from it's indent. I'll give it a try soon and see if I get better results than I did the other day!

Comment

• Spent the afternoon in emergency yesterday. Had stomach pains so bad I wanted to cry, and bad enough the pain made me toss my lunch. Now is not the time to want to go to a hospital, and I hate them anytime! But never had such extreme pain in my life, and constant too. So asked my wife to take me in.
                              The entrance to the hospital is like a scene from a movie! Tents set up, and two people dressed in hazmat suits interviewing people as they walk up. They asked if I was there for flu symptoms, and if I was running a temperature. After telling them no they rushed me into ER and I saw the doctor. They ran blood and urine tests, and did a CT scan of my abdomen. Doc says I have a huge gall stone, and if things were normal I'd be seeing the surgeon and have it removed the next day. But things aren't normal, so he said they had to send me home with a prescription for a strong pain killer, and hope it either feels better, or feels worse, so they could operate. So unless I reach a point where the gall bladder is damaging my liver, pancreas, or kidneys, they can't operate.
                              So I'm on bed rest, and a liquid diet until whatever time they feel they can operate.

Comment

• That sucks! Hope you and the docs can resolve that and SOON.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X