No announcement yet.

1939 Chevy coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That really blows! Health care has gone to one thing only, everything else be damned..

Comment

• as someone who had the condition... I went years after it calmed down the first time. Here's what it takes. Your gall bladder adds fluid to your intestines to help you digest fat. Avoid fat like the plague and you will be fine (oh and as a side note, that ice cream social night... just say no, don't ask me how I know).
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Unfortunately I'm not sure it can be avoided again. Been gradually having attacks the last 6 weeks at the rate of 1 per week. But the last week I've had 3 bad ones. And I've been pretty much eating nothing but soup for over a month just because everything else caused another attack. I could eat an occasional bagel, but even those didn't sit well the last week. Down 30 lbs. the last month, and still dropping. Hope there's something left by the time they OK the surgery.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that you're sick.

Man,..... gallbladder attacks would wipe out my entire menu !!!!
          Beer, Burgers, Brats, Bacon, CHEESE, and of course, Turtle Sunday's......
          I would loose 30++ pounds in a month TOO !

Hopefully they can operate soon. And while they are Fishing Around on your insides, tell them to fix that hernia too !!

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• I'm supposed to talk by phone with my surgeon Monday. He's the same surgeon who was scheduled to do my hernia repair tomorrow, but got cancelled. I'm going to ask if he can do both at the same time if possible, whenever possible. The ER doctor said it's very possible, but couldn't of course speak for my surgeon. I'd hate to do one, and then a month later go back for the other. That would really blow.

Comment

• Now I'm hating the mailman and the brown trucks! My new thermostat housing and my diamond pattern naugahyde both arrived. So all I can do is put them in the garage and wait.

Comment

• The sun is out, and I was feeling pretty decent today. So I told the wife I was going to the shop for a few hours. Got the brakes bled on the car, and that off center rod was the problem alright. They bled without any issues and feel great now.
                I pulled the leaky thermostat housing and replaced it with a new one that came the other day. Then got my sliding 1/4 window tracks out an cleaned and lubricated them to get them working nicely. I cleaned up the openings too so I can install the C channel in those also.
                Weather is supposed to be 70's Wed. and Thu., so if I keep feeling better I may get back out there and do some more little things.
                Pretty tempting to take the car for a short drive around the neighborhood now! No glass, but it is fully ready to drive otherwise.

Comment

• What a beautiful day! Went and got another 5 gal. of gas for the '39. Fired it up and took it around the neighborhood for it's maiden voyage. All went very smooth, and I was able to adjust the TVR cable on the 700r4 trans. Still needs a little more tweaking as it shifts a little early.
                  The car drove great, and the ride and steering was very nice too. Of course I never got much over about 25 mph around the side streets. But I'm happy with it so far.

Gotta see the surgeon tomorrow, and hope he's got good news too!

Comment

• looks awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      looks awesome!
                      Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the stance as it is. Wanted something very driveable, and not too high or too low.

Comment

• Shake Down runs are Great !! Cruising at parade speed, the whole time your imagination is running on Adrenalin, visualizing what is going to be like when it's done !!
                        Hell,.... I have even sat in a project,... on Jack stands in my shop, for minutes imagining....
                        Oh this is going to be So Kool !!!!
                        ​​​​​

​​

Comment

• im so jelly... that thing looks AWESOME.
                          hope someday i get to drive my 55 gasser!

Comment

• Great job!

Comment

• Thanks again!

After I see the surgeon this morning I'm going to get back on the side windows. Need to finish channel for the sliding 1/4 windows, and see if I can locate some of that glazing tape to stick door and 1/4 glass into the tracks.

Comment

• first burnout?
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X