bangtractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    On the forklift we got balls on each fork.. Chain don't slide off.. Nor does the roof of a car..
    I hate it when my balls slide off...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Was the ball on the bottom of the bucket? Ranchers around the Midwest use old oilfield pipe for fences, and a common way to plant the posts before welding on the rails is to put a ball on the bottom of a bucket, line a post up with it, then simply push it into the ground..........if it's on the inside of the bucket, I'd guess trailer moving too.
      trailing moving position.... never done the push a post in that way (but we used all T-posts so they just get lined up and pushed it)... clever, may have to borrow it. One thing about this tractor, it really doesn't weigh that much - 1500 lbs dry, maybe 5k with the backhoe and bucket - most of the additional being on the back
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 28, 2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

just about every time I go home I have to help my dad fix his 1972 Ford 2000, I really want to convert it to fuel injection, but he's sometimes kinda scared of technology...
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
        1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
        2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
          just about every time I go home I have to help my dad fix his 1972 Ford 2000, I really want to convert it to fuel injection, but he's sometimes kinda scared of technology...
          I swing both ways..... EFI has advantages, and now it's about dead even in price point - but carbs are like tube stereos, when they're right there's nothing better

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I swing both ways.....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

I swing both ways.....

nice of you to share
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 29, 2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I should have taken pictures of where it went - guy is a big John Deere collector with tractors dating back to 1912... ah well, when I pick it up in a month or two

and now my driveway looks awesome

Comment

Update.
                  I went to the Kioti dealership today - and talked to the owner, he gave me the 411 on this tractor. First, he really thinks the motor is in solid shape with maybe a cracked head. The motor itself is well built so worth rebuilding - and doing so in the cheapest way possible. He did say that all of these little tractors suffer from undersized cooling systems - so overheating isn't abnormal - nor is burned valves or cracked heads. he congratulated me on my purchase and offered me what I paid for it (ha) - he thinks I'll get away from this pretty inexpensively... which would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

nice of you to share
                    no. no, never never--i was reacting to YOUR quote.
                    rest assured im super straight, as i couldnt fit into
                    the closet even if i wanted too.

Comment

picking it up tomorrow. It rattles again!

seems the only thing wrong with it was the radiator needed a refresh... yes, a dealership took it apart (and removed the rings on one cylinder), and its only issue was a plugged radiator (and insufficient sized radiator - which I'll resolve later).
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 23, 2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Excellent! And just in time if I have a reasonable understanding of your weather. Lots of water to shovel out of the way, right?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Excellent! And just in time if I have a reasonable understanding of your weather. Lots of water to shovel out of the way, right?

Dan
                          Dump out - I took the buckets off before I hauled the tractor across the state, they're utterly full of water now - thankfully I put oil on the water to keep the bugs down

Comment

it runs and loaded itself onto the trailer

and then time to snap a few pictures of his projects (and others)
                            the oldest tractor

look at the gears in these things

one of his show tractors

parts

the paradox is he likes John Deere but he never set to have a collection

the other show tractor with the 5k paint job

farmers were clever, but the clever part is that it has a starter on it (not just a crank)

his dad's show tractor, it's 1 of 3

back to my shop, resurrecting the electronics

Comment

it's done, now you'll just see it working around the homestead. The only potential it could reappear is for some reason it's not going into 4x4.... so far, all the issues have been attributed to the error between the steering wheel and the seat so I'm suspect it's that too... I'm also going to have to build a weight for it.... but that's for later, for now I have a year worth of projects to catch up on...
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 26, 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

now it looks like the first picture, and the backhoe works excellent... what a pain to install.... ah well - many chores, now I don't have to operate a shovel.

Comment

Working...
                                X