bangtractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bangtractor

The last thing I needed was another project, but a deal came down the pike I couldn't pass up. Frankly this is going to be checkbook - but since so much of cars is moving stuff about - this is related as such
    It's a 1990 Kioti LB2614. 26 hp diesel, with backhoe and set me back 3800. It needs a motor rebuilt (but I'm actually not sure)... apparently it had head gasket issues, and the shop spent 24 hours working on it. I was told it's missing rings on one cylinder - which would be a trick because I don't think the pan has ever been off... it has 413 hours on it... around here, comparable is 15k - all in on it will likely be less then 5k (even if I have to buy another motor).... Kioti is Korean and they've built tractors and motors for most of the big guys (New Holland, John Deere - who still uses the Daedong motor) to me it looks like a Kubota.
    Next is remove the backhoe and the bucket then haul it to a friend who does tractors a couple hours from me.... it cracked me up, I called him and asked what he thought of them. Apparently he didn't realize that all I was doing was basically telling him to be prepared.... checkbook ;)

I'm hoping Stiney pipes in with information and parts...
    someone in overland was complaining about how weak the Colorado frames are.... uh, yeah righ

I would have liked to center it a bit more but it towed this like a champ

and pronounced "Coyote" - or I should say the western version which pronounces the last E as well .... coyotee
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 24, 2019, 09:59 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I also forgot to mention - it's not a turbo motor.... yet....

Comment

Clean, evidently hasn't been abused much.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Clean, evidently hasn't been abused much.
        I'm kind of excited to pull it apart and find out what's up - it only has 431 hours on it and a trailer ball on the bucket (meaning it likely wasn't used terribly hard)

Comment

Can I borrow it? I need to dig a trench for my upcoming whole house generator installation.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Can I borrow it? I need to dig a trench for my upcoming whole house generator installation.

Dan
            It's already commencing - of course my quip is "fantastic, so you'll be contributing to fixing the motor?" Lest that sound like a complaint - nope, so the friend that said that came over and helped me remove the bucket and backhoe so I can haul just the tractor to the repair shop.... in short, yep, whenever he needs it....
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 25, 2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It's already commencing - of course my quip is "fantastic, so you'll be contributing to fixing the motor?" Lest that sound like a complaint - nope, so the friend that said that came over and helped me remove the bucket and backhoe so I can haul just the tractor to the repair shop.... in short, yep, whenever he needs it....
              Sadly, you're geographically remote (to me) or I'd be happy to lend a hand. Guessing the shipping costs would be more than the local rental fee. Still watching the progress and wondering what's REALLY wrong.

Dan

Comment

Kioti has a plant 2 miles from my house. I would love to stumble on a deal like that. Watching.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Nice power-shovel/trailer-mover. That will come in handy. Did the skid-steer go away? I must have missed that somehow.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Kioti machines. CaseIH, we bleed Red.....but orange is an unknown. Lots of the systems are the same though, so theory applies.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Sadly, you're geographically remote (to me) or I'd be happy to lend a hand. Guessing the shipping costs would be more than the local rental fee. Still watching the progress and wondering what's REALLY wrong.

Dan
                    no guilt, just praising the friends who are as willing to help as borrow... in this friend's case, he helps far more then I help him....

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      Nice power-shovel/trailer-mover. That will come in handy. Did the skid-steer go away? I must have missed that somehow.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Kioti machines. CaseIH, we bleed Red.....but orange is an unknown. Lots of the systems are the same though, so theory applies.
                      yeah, I got tired of giving my winch a work out every time the bobcat made a bobcat-sized hole in my yard (which seemed to be about every single time I used it)....

I think the orange and the K as the first letter is only the start of what Kioti borrowed from Kubota - what would be optimal is if I Kubota motor bolted in the place of this motor (however, it seems these motors last forever....)

Comment

Love Tractors ! Im a IH guy , yellow or red but yeah , I'd do orange . I'll be watching how it goes .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

LOVE my case dx29, though I do wish it had a quick disconnect front bucket, and a back hoe attachment like yours!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Was the ball on the bottom of the bucket? Ranchers around the Midwest use old oilfield pipe for fences, and a common way to plant the posts before welding on the rails is to put a ball on the bottom of a bucket, line a post up with it, then simply push it into the ground..........if it's on the inside of the bucket, I'd guess trailer moving too.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

On the forklift we got balls on each fork.. Chain don't slide off.. Nor does the roof of a car..

Comment

Working...
                              X