Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delores - the Volvo that came with a name + Shed Barn Shop building details.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The system won't let you like something twice...... (a bit of learning.......)

Dan

Comment

It was 30ª when the second half arrived at 10 am. By 6 pm it was 72ª inside and most of the surface water was off the slab and 28ª outside. It was just gleaming damp with temperature inside dropped to 42ª by this morning at 7:30 am, fired the radiant kerosene heater and by 8:30 it was 72ª, while the outside temps were 21ª.

The first half of the floor (from 2 weeks ago) was still wet on top by day 7 - I couldn't be happier with that one as staying damp and cool temperatures should make for a good strong slab. Hopefully this half behaves equally well.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

A warm shop is a special joy, at least in my life. Growing up in MI I did plenty of "pulling the trans in a snowbank" stuff, enough to last a lifetime. Between heat (at least 35 years and 3 shops)) and a hoist (25 years or so and 2 shops) my world is a happy place. As much work as you and the boys do you deserve this! Rock On!

Dan

Comment

Big plans for this structure call for real flooring. Or the next closest thing, which is real cheap flooring.

Sample Acid Stain from ConcreteCamouflage. These two colors are Sandstone in the center, and Bronze Green - applied on the two different cement pours, as the directions say they will look different on different batchs of cement.

This is the stain wet.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	ZGCR4xC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	1283601

And this is after the stain dries and neutralized and mopped.

Click image for larger version  Name:	qSRKWPx.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,005.6 KB ID:	1283602

Swept the floor thoroughly and mopped it clean. Let it dry completely for a couple of days.

Wes and Abbey masking off the overhead door and threshold. Don't want the stain or final coating showing outside.

Click image for larger version  Name:	48KXxfN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	1283603

After drying I neutralized the acid by mopping with 12 ounces of plain ammonia in a mop bucket of plain water. Then mop again, and again, and again. I am not sure if I used too much acid or what, but I did use about 1 1/2 gallons more than quoted, and I mopped until the water stayed pretty clear. What can I say, this is my first time at this.

After stain and neutralizing/mopping.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tCGk59S.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	1283604

And this morning after the first coat of PolyUrea from ArmorPoxy. I rolled this on with an 18" paint roller and tray. Simply open the can, stir with paint mixer on a drill, pour in tray and roll on floor.

I finished coating it last night at 10 pm, and this morning at 7 it was rock hard. Like a coat of glass on the floor. I was planning on a second coat, but now am having thoughts of stopping at one.

Very pleased with the products.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UzcytrE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	1283606

Attached Files
          Last edited by STINEY; November 12, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Did we already establish the She-Shedness nature of this structure? Oooo....my bad, it was covered loosely in the Regal thread.

https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...e7#post1234329

I may sneak stuff in here for as long as I get away with it, however It has been expressed with clarity that I am an interloper in this, her domain, and will be reminded repeatedly until my infractions are corrected. Ginger and all that, blah, blah, blah, something something.

So yeah, cosmetic floor. And good floor protectant. The easier to clean up and hide evidence of my transgressions, see? Momma didn’t raise a complete fool....

And lookee here! There just might be enough left over PolyUrea to do the new floor in my working barn. As soon as it cures for 30 days of course. What a coincidence!
            Last edited by STINEY; May 20, 2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X