1977 Chevelle SE part Duex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Chevelle SE part Duex

Well after a lenghty Illness and even longer waiting Its finally gonna be Reunited with its twin FINALLY Scheduled for Monday Arrival woot woot

ea planets are finally Lining back up this is The 3rd I have Owned Jerry in Indiana bought the Black one I had, I don't know if he sold it or not, Paperwork is coming BUT don't know what is coming with it

Comment

Been a Long time Coming it just goes to Show don't give up on your dreams back in 2010 I almost had these Exact same cars and had transport en route to grab them, about 2 hour into drive I had to call him Back because Richard (old owner) decided to keep them.
      Well I stayed in touch with him to gather as much Info as I could about these cars and one day about 3 years ago I get a call from his Wife Rosemary and well the rest is History as they say.

See post -->>https://www.g3gm.com/t1587-1977-se-in-wichitakansas

Comment

Just owners Projects and Mine LOL That trunk though oh my only one hole size of a quarter in trunk you would never know this sat in the grass for decades by looking at it

Comment

So Rods /pistons I got taken on for the 396 Build so started to look again and for what the next set of rods pistons were gonna cost I got the 100% complete 454 from this Motorhome, Hopefully by Sunday will be out

Comment

Well the Nightmare is Finally over I have liberated the Motorhome 454 and transmission I WOULD NEVER RECOMEMNED this LMAO

Comment

Well the 454 is on the stand ready to dive into it YAYYY I don't want to do this again so hopefully all the internals will hold up Only thing I am re using is the Block, Crank, Rods, Pistons everything else will be switched out

Comment

Ok Now that I am NOT burnt out on Pulling the 454 from its hull anymore man that sucked I am gonna start tearing into this I scored these covers from a friend and cleaned them up and what a difference over the chrome they make I love them a lot better

[/url]
                [url=https://servimg.com/view/12689273/4146]

Comment

Heads are back and ready to rock Have to get cam kit and gaskets and can open it up and see what I have and got replacement 454 badges for Valve covers

Comment

Ok so sold the stock 454 heads from 1987 to a guy unexpectedly didn't think they would sell so fast LOL ..... so had to come apart sooner than expected actually doesn't look half bad will drain remainder of oil in it and flip her over and check bearings any idea on piston cc foe this year dont want to take to shop JUST for that ? Doing the build at home as much as I can .... Put heads on so they wont get warpped after getting done just snugged them up

Comment

The other Cam Had 527/553 Lift and was at the extreme limit for stock pistons Had picture proof of the damage BUT Like mentioned he changed his Valves to a larger size BUT all in all this is still WAYYYYYYY bettter than the stock size was

Comment

Update: Motor is apart Cam was well Tired to say the least BUT for a 67 thousand Mile Motor home motor, Cam was not really all that bad (NO Not reusing) anyhow its dissembled Have to pull cam bearings for sure Will check crank and main when I pull a cap or two off in next few days and Some one asked about the Oil pan difference I dont remember who BUT took a side by side to show difference from RV to car pan

Also with the balancer I am looking to replace it because of the grommet cracking and coming out of the groove so have been advised to R/R it But replacement one is different it only has two drilled Holes in it instead of 3 in my mine and weighs 15.25 (new one) I haven't weighed mine yet the second one BOTH SAY direct replacement and the Second one weighs 15.40 pounds.

Anyways Enjoy pictures Cant wait to get this Back together WOOT WOOT

Comment

Now you have the rest of story (paul harvey)

Comment

So,will you have bbc in both?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                              So,will you have bbc in both?
                              No the other will Stay Stock"ish" Gonna pull original drive train and put in storage and bag it to keep Numbers match on hand and Putting a 305 from another vehicle with 200r4 trans (all bolts right up) so will at least be original per say but when my Daughter graduates as long she keep grades where there at will get the 305 powered one, She will assist in the rebuild (She is stoked about this part BTW) and then when she turns 18 and hands me a Diploma I hand her Car Keys

Comment

Working...
                              X