Need a Measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Measurement

Need measurement from the tailshaft ot the transmission to the backside ( facing the front bumper )of the front differential on a S10 .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

My S-10 won't be helpful for this measurement! Bet one of the guys has an a-built S-10.

Dan

Comment

53" sorry, couldnt upload using my phone
      Last edited by silver_bullet; December 6, 2019, 06:26 PM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Order Chevrolet S10 Driveshaft online today. Free Same Day Store Pickup. Check out free battery charging and engine diagnostic testing while you are in store.

http://v8s10.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30844

This is for standard cab short box IIRC
        Last edited by silver_bullet; December 6, 2019, 06:16 PM.
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

No help with what you're looking for, but don't the need to know if 4cyl or v6 and if automatice or 5 spd stick?

Comment

As well as the wheelbase.

Dan

Comment

What I seem to have forgot to mention is that it needs to be a 4x4 and a 4.3 motor .. But some may have figured this out . It doesn"t matter if it's a auto or a stick since I just need a ballpark idea and the wheelbase won't matter since we are measuring from the tail of the trans to the Transfer case to the backside of the front diff . I see I said transmission the first time . The whole reason for this is ......while at work I have way too much time to think and I'm wondering if the whole front drive will fit in and under the bed of a short bed S10 . Yeah that rampage at sema got me thinking and since I need to pull the motor back out of mine anyway ........well , you get the idea . It may never happen but . I just need to figure out if it could .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

All our 4x4 S dimes are extended cab.... sorry
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I'm thinking it's time for a Pick-N-Pull run with tape measure in hand.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    All our 4x4 S dimes are extended cab.... sorry
                    It really wouldn't matter if the back half of your S10 ten was gone . I need the measurement from the tailshaft ot the transfer case to the round side of the front differential. I get off work too late lately to get there in time and Saturday was taken up with a funeral .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

This has been out of my mine for quite some time . But while looking for the 92 votes thread I ran across it , and while the thread itself isn't that long it does have a hundred or so views . And if I hadn't made it clear enough, the whole point was to see if I could cut the frame of a parts truck a little ways behind the transfer case , take the 4.3 out and a SBC and have a rear engine north south facing Small block S10 . Sort of like the mazdaratti of roadkill fame but with more available parts . The answer is no . I can't remember how far the transfer case would hang out the back , but it was way too much . Hope this helps anyone that may have had the same idea .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X