Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted T5 parts

=WANTED=
    What I'm looking for is the "Slipper" Tension Springs that go in by the shift lever pivot. Not the dentent ball spring.
    My extended shift lever is causing it to fall to Neutral in 3rd and 5th gears. So I need to do a "Field Modification" and add stiffer springs. It won't need much more to keep it in gear.
    FYI you have to get at these by grinding off the factory bent over tang on the shift tower.
    I will buy the whole shifter, preferably a mustang shifter, but these "Slipper" springs were used in all models.
    I would have a parts illustrated pix, but this is not a service item, they sell the whole shifter.
    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by Captain; March 29, 2020, 06:19 AM.

Salvage yard? Sorry - I got nothin' else.

Dan

Comment

I do REALLY need a Good Day at a Salvage Yard!
      But with the State Wide Shelter in Place.......
      Just checking if some of you bought a "Short Shift" replacement, and had the old one laying around........

Comment

Mine's an automatic......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
          =WANTED=
          What I'm looking for is the "Slipper" Tension Springs that go in by the shift lever pivot. Not the dentent ball spring.
          My extended shift lever is causing it to fall to Neutral in 3rd and 5th gears. So I need to do a "Field Modification" and add stiffer springs. It won't need much more to keep it in gear.
          FYI you have to get at these by grinding off the factory bent over tang on the shift tower.
          I will buy the whole shifter, preferably a mustang shifter, but these "Slipper" springs were used in all models.
          I would have a parts illustrated pix, but this is not a service item, they sell the whole shifter.
          ​​​​​​
          Try these folks: https://core-shifters.com/collections/t5-swap-bases
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
            I would have a parts illustrated pix, but this is not a service item, they sell the whole shifter.​​​​​​
            Take your pick.. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Condition=3000

Comment

I might have one. Have to look in the stash
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

have a tremec 5 speed shifter, will this work.

Comment

66 lemans,
                  did you post a pix?
                  If you POST a pix, can pull the rubber boot off so I can see where the shift stub goes in. If it's the stamped steel crimped style, WINNER.

Comment

Russell, Don't give up looking,
                    GUARANTEED you will find THE OTHER things that you were looking for earlier.....LOL.
                    As in previous reply, I need the Stamped Steel cover style.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

66 lemans,
                      Dam, your are only 35-40 minutes away !!
                      If it fits, I will wear a mask, and come get it. Click image for larger version

Name:	42c57ab1-5f61-47e6-8416-fd9cfe9330e0.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1266415

Comment

Sorry mine is not stamped steel.

Comment

Thank You.
                          We are not out on it yet.
                          If it's for a Mustang, and it's stiff, I my be able to use it, and of course, price.
                          I have a long shift lever, and the tranny was from Pick Apart Yard,
                          and of course a pix would help.

Comment

For all helping, thank you, I would like to shop amongst BangShit.com friends first.
                            Then go to Flea Bay..........
                            Here's the problem I built in the shifter.
                            and I think PO somehow lightened up the shifter springs to make quicker shifts. Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20200330_074911.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1266446

Comment

Bad news. Went to shed to take a picture, then i realized i sold it at Jefferson last fall. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X