X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My '62 Electra 225

Originally posted by Page2171
    Originally posted by fabricatordave

call them and tell them they goofed the yellow car is yours zo6 dddrrrooolll
    Funny little story about the BMW below the ZO6. The driver had my car up on the top row somewhere because he said it would be safest up there and because I am in the military he wanted to take extra care with it. That white BMW was below my car. Well, I'm not saying my car leaks...it just marks its territory a little...kind of showed that BMW who is boss. It didn't drip too much, just a little bit.
    Hehe
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      Originally posted by Page2171
      Originally posted by fabricatordave

call them and tell them they goofed the yellow car is yours zo6 dddrrrooolll
      Funny little story about the BMW below the ZO6. The driver had my car up on the top row somewhere because he said it would be safest up there and because I am in the military he wanted to take extra care with it. That white BMW was below my car. Well, I'm not saying my car leaks...it just marks its territory a little...kind of showed that BMW who is boss. It didn't drip too much, just a little bit.
      Hehe
      x2 lol
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Biff and Miffy will be SO upset. This could take months in therapy.

Dan

Comment

Update:

Talked a few times with the shop and made the call. I am going to get the trunk fixed. Will be sure to post up pics when it is finished.

Comment

Good deal - I'll watch for pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
              Good deal - I'll watch for pics.
              I'm going to try to sneak out of work early one day next week to go get some progress pics. I think the shop keeps banker's hours...by the time I get off of work they are already closed.

Comment

OK, things have been crazy at work and I haven't been able to sneak out early. Today we started a 96 and I got off at noon. So, I called the shop to make sure the car would be available for me to take a look at to see the progress. They tell me the car is pretty much done, all of the body work is done and just a few details are left. The car should be ready for me to pick up on Tuesday. I go back to work at noon on Wednesday, so picking it up on Tuesday will work great for me. Since the body work is done I decided not to go and check out the car because I really wanted in-progress pics and I also didn't feel like fighting the Labor Day weekend traffic. So, I should have pics of the completed work next week.

Comment

Excellent! I'll be watching for the pics -

Dan

Comment

Kind of bummed...got a call today from the shop. The car won't be ready until Thursday or Friday now. Hopefully it will be done Thursday because we have a family outing in the Buick planned for Friday night...going to Cruisin' Grand in Escondido.

Comment

OK, I found my project thread...only had to go to page 7 to find it. Got some pics from fixing a braking problem I asked about in the Tech section. I was getting a pulsating clunking/thunking noise when I braked. Pretty sure now that it was the bearings being loose. I continued taking things apart to see if there were any other issues.

Wheel off, there is the monster finned drum in all its glory...

A better view of some of the gunk and grime...

Drum/hub assy removed...

Another pic with the drum removed...

A pic of the inside of the drum...

I'm thinking a good cleaning and repacking of the bearings and then reassembly is all that is needed.

Comment

How tight were the spindle nuts and did you check the strut rods?
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

The strut rods look good and the strut rod bushings don't look dry-rotted. I got a fair amount of movement when I rocked the tire back and forth from the 12 and 6 positions. The spindle nut was loose enough to take off with my fingers with no effort.

Comment

Little update on the car...I forgot about this thread. I cleaned and repacked wheel bearings on both sides up front. When I took it apart the spindle nuts were loose enough I could take them off with my fingers. Cleaned everything up, repacked with grease, and reassembled torquing things down according to the manual. Made a huge difference in drivability. Found out though that I have a leaky wheel cylinder in the rear, but that will have to wait until later because the car is now on its way to Georgia...

Comment

Glad to get an update. I likes me some old Buicks! Where you going in Georgia? You'll be pretty close to Maxton (look on the map for where I95 enters SC from NC - we're about 25 miles from there. We'll expect to see your smilin' face at the track!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                                Glad to get an update. I likes me some old Buicks! Where you going in Georgia? You'll be pretty close to Maxton (look on the map for where I95 enters SC from NC - we're about 25 miles from there. We'll expect to see your smilin' face at the track!

Dan
                                Going to Albany...down in the SW area of Georgia. Was always wondering where Maxton was.

Comment

Working...
                                X