My headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My headache

Most of my build is documented in sections elsewhere over the internet, but I'll put it all together (shortly) here for an introduction.

Picked up an 86 Dodge Diplomat ex police car in Jan '10. Initially, the intentions were to have a winter beater while I HEMI swapped my 2nd Gen Ram. Quickly found more interest in the Diplomat versus the Ram, and traded the truck for exhaust and a windshield.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200104_092432_969.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1267034
    Since then, I've done a few upgrades, as well as taken it from daily driver to full time project/headache. I've got a 318 LA rebuilt to replace the cop 318, the new engine has the later model magnum heads, along with a summit cam, M1 intake, and Summit carb. Currently in the process of installing headers and different custom exhaust (system installed in 2010 wasnt what I really wanted).

Name:	IMG_20191223_064455_902.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1267035
    I've also managed to swap rear ends out, and now it has 3.55s with a SG, along with the iso suspension delete that is a huge upgrade for these.

Name:	IMG_20191231_192859_622.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	1267036
    The last big undertaking is a fully rewired gauge panel featuring custom gauges. Not bad for someone whos wiring experience stops at guitars.

Name:	IMG_20200105_160052_107.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1267037
    Mainly, this car has provided the opportunity to leave the sidelines and get knuckles deep into something I've always wanted to do. I've met some great people along the way, who have shared some timeless advice, and I look forward to the next upgrade/project/meet/whatever.

Name:	IMG_20180711_085647_348.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	968.8 KB
ID:	1267038
    '69 Oldsmobile 442
    '18 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife's vehicle)
    '20 Ram 1500 BigHorn (my daily)

Welcome aboard, neat car, don't see too many older dodges like this around anymore. planning to keep it a 318? maybe something a bit more modern? LSX swap? LOL, I kid about the LSX, I'm sure everyone tells you to do that...
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
    1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
    2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

No LS for me, I already hear enough "GM is better" talk from my father in-law..and hes brainwashing my daughter every chance he can. (She now thinks everything is a red Chevy Camaro)

I've got a 5.9 magnum in the garage waiting to be torn down, but if a stupid deal for a Gen3 Hemi pops up and I've got the coin, dont think I wont go that route..ha.
      '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

Never had the Opportunity to DRIVE a Cop Pursuit Vehicle........
        Have had A Few RIDES in the Back Seat.....

BUT NO CONVICTIONS !!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
          Never had the Opportunity to DRIVE a Cop Pursuit Vehicle........
          Have had A Few RIDES in the Back Seat.....

BUT NO CONVICTIONS !!! LOL
          Of the handful of people around here that recognized it, most remembered them because they were either in the front seat or the back seat. It seemed like only a couple remembered seeing them as patrol cars, but hadnt been in them. I'd love to find the history of mine, but Carfax only goes back to '96 and there is no documentation with it.
          '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

Don't knock the Sonata. Yes, it's an appliance but sometimes (like getting to work on the cheap) an appliance is just what you need. I have a division between my project cars and my DDs.

Love to see the Dodge with a new Hemi in it. THAT would be a sleeper.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Don't knock the Sonata. Yes, it's an appliance but sometimes (like getting to work on the cheap) an appliance is just what you need. I have a division between my project cars and my DDs.

Love to see the Dodge with a new Hemi in it. THAT would be a sleeper.

Dan
              I picked up the Sonata when I was selling cars. I sold at an auto mall, so we had a bunch of different options (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Chevy to be exact). I worked up countless Ram leases while I was there, but the wife wanted to make sure we could pay her Rav4 off if we were making the switch. I ended up trading in my Silverado (trans was starting to slip) and paying her Rav4 off while keeping payments less than what her payments had been. Its not a bad car, I just miss my truck.
              '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

Originally posted by brotherGood View Post
                No LS for me, I already hear enough "GM is better" talk from my father in-law..and hes brainwashing my daughter every chance he can. (She now thinks everything is a red Chevy Camaro)

I've got a 5.9 magnum in the garage waiting to be torn down, but if a stupid deal for a Gen3 Hemi pops up and I've got the coin, dont think I wont go that route..ha.
                nothing wrong with Camaros, as long as they're 2001 or earlier. the newer models have great powertrains, but are WAY too heavy, last time I checked, the lightest new camaro was still several hundred pounds heavier than the heaviest 4th gen.

I'd love to see it get a Hemi swap, that would be rad!
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

nothing wrong with Camaros, as long as they're 2001 or earlier. the newer models have great powertrains, but are WAY too heavy, last time I checked, the lightest new camaro was still several hundred pounds heavier than the heaviest 4th gen.

I'd love to see it get a Hemi swap, that would be rad!
                  His is a '12 (I think) that he bought third party from a guy out of Indy. It has a gnarly cam in it that quite frankly Im annoyed that I dont have. I agree, theres nothing wrong with Camaros-except she lives in a Mopar household..ha.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to Hemi swap this thing..but thats much more expensive than the 5.9 I've already got in the garage.
                  '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

Always that damn money thing, ain't it??!! But you'll find we're really good at helping you spend yours.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Always that damn money thing, ain't it??!! But you'll find we're really good at helping you spend yours.

Dan
                      Car guys: Helping other car guys spend money they don't have since 1908... LOL

2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

Car guys: Helping other car guys spend money they don't have since 1908... LOL
                        I'm just as guilty of it..ha.
                        '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

Originally posted by brotherGood View Post

I'm just as guilty of it..ha.
                          You ain't lying.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post

You ain't lying.
                            Haha.. look at this guy.

Between the imperial, a couple Furys, and a 66 Sweptline.. there have been too many close calls. Wouldve been happy to have them, until the wife found out
                            '69 Oldsmobile 442

Comment

I just love old cop cars .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X