Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeptical
    replied
    Here's a quick clip of the 3.4 Running before shutting it down for no oil pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

Fieroguru performance makes a simple, clean starter adapter to allow the use of the F40 with the LS4,

http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=1558

The TDC you removed is a neat engine, but boy are they heavy...
    That's a nice bracket. Pretty much how I would have attempted that too. I wonder if something similar would work on the 4t80. I like that style of mountig better than Furches oil pan mount. Both cool though.

The TDC is an interesting one for sure. I'm going to stash it away for.... Well I don't really have a reason since I will not put it in anything I own. Maybe I'll make it a museum piece one day.

I do like the GM 60 degree motors. The Lumina was originally going to get the 3.9 and a turbo until I noticed the LS4's starting to litter the junk yards for the same price.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    Originally posted by Skeptical View Post
    So let me throw another swap idea that would be pretty cool. How about the F40 6spd in the Lumina? The fiero guys are bolting that one up to their ls4 swap cars. That trans in "brand new old stock" form right now is cheap. That would be a fun driver!
    Fieroguru performance makes a simple, clean starter adapter to allow the use of the F40 with the LS4,

http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=1558

The TDC you removed is a neat engine, but boy are they heavy...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Having lived in Florida my whole life, I don't really think about the humidity until someone brings it up. I've never had a problem with it. There is a plus side though. The ladies outfits shrink the more hot and humid it gets. You'd be amazed at how many out of state guys all of the sudden no longer have a problem with it.
    here in the north, we use alcohol for that purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I can't believe anyone would have a sense of humor living in that humidity.... good on you for it ;)
    Having lived in Florida my whole life, I don't really think about the humidity until someone brings it up. I've never had a problem with it. There is a plus side though. The ladies outfits shrink the more hot and humid it gets. You'd be amazed at how many out of state guys all of the sudden no longer have a problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I can't believe anyone would have a sense of humor living in that humidity.... good on you for it ;)

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

It's the medium sized area between the two cities on the coast that get a lot of rain and have palm trees. It's actually the excessively wet coast right now.
    Got to love the "Summer Time" pattern and sea breezes

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    So I have to ask - exactly where is the "moist coast" of Florida?
    I don't recall finding a dry one in my travels.
    It's the medium sized area between the two cities on the coast that get a lot of rain and have palm trees. It's actually the excessively wet coast right now.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    So I have to ask - exactly where is the "moist coast" of Florida?
    I don't recall finding a dry one in my travels.

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Those are sweet old machines. A couple of the shops I worked in had them and they always made a pretty nice looking valve. Do you have the concentric seat grinder that came with these? I think they were additional money but the shops that I worked in had both. The concentric seat grinder isn't state of the art but they worked OK.

Dan
    I have "A" seat grinder. I don't know if it's the one that came with the machine though. One of these is what I learned on as a teenager. Now that i think about it, It's been quite a few years since I ground my own valves and seats. I enjoyed it back then and am looking forward to it. Plus I have several other sets of heads stashed away I can have some fun with at a later date.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Those are sweet old machines. A couple of the shops I worked in had them and they always made a pretty nice looking valve. Do you have the concentric seat grinder that came with these? I think they were additional money but the shops that I worked in had both. The concentric seat grinder isn't state of the art but they worked OK.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    It needs a little cleanin' but it will do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_164819.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	913.6 KB
ID:	1270981

All cleaned, lubed up and ready to grind some valves.

Name:	20200523_214931.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	812.6 KB
ID:	1270979

Hmmm...... Looks safe to me!

Name:	20200523_183212.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	1270980

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'll do some diggin around. Replacements aren't expensive by any means. I just prefer the stockers. I might drive up to Jax and steal the valve and seat grinding equipment from my dads place and see how they measure up after grinding them.
    I'm trying to remember the name of the head rebuilder in the Clearwater area. The last time I was there (Mom lived there for years) it was on the main drag from Clearwater to St. Pete - I think it was 19 but might have been alternate 19. Anyhow, big company and at least at one time they had ALL the equipment and were relatively cheap because they did so many of them. MANY years ago they did a head for my MGB that I brought with me from MI while we were visiting the folks. They did it in a couple of days, - boiled it out, flattened the deck, did the valves, etc. It ran great for the couple of years that I kept the car.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    I'll do some diggin around. Replacements aren't expensive by any means. I just prefer the stockers. I might drive up to Jax and steal the valve and seat grinding equipment from my dads place and see how they measure up after grinding them.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I bought some LS heads from a guy who rebuilt some stock 317s, then went aftermarket.... I'm in the fully refreshed heads less then the cost of the valves.... maybe someone nearby is doing something similar?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X