No announcement yet.

My next build ..... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who needs a turbo (or two) when one has cubic inches?

and

Sidepipes. that said, the evil part of me wants to see someone put sidepipes on a C4 and then get out of the car without burning themselves to death... I also left that one off - don't have to climb over and out of a C3.

still - I was recommending a C5 instead of a C4, not a C3 instead of a C4.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My issue with the attorney's list is the assumption that you somehow "need" an LS. Not saying that the LS isn't a great engine, just that a top end kit (or a 383 traditional SBC) would get enough HP to make you happy for a lot less hassle. And maybe a Holley or EZ-EFI or some such. I suppose that at some point an aftermarket ECU might be needed but I haven't researched it enough t5o have a valid opinion on that.

Dan

Comment

Browsing the classifieds on a daily basis for a C6 Grand Sport to replace the Challenger - lease is up next month. Lighter weight, better aero, room for a bigger (wider) tire and lots of tuning options available ......

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
          Browsing the classifieds on a daily basis for a C6 Grand Sport to replace the Challenger - lease is up next month. Lighter weight, better aero, room for a bigger (wider) tire and lots of tuning options available ......
          I 'spose - but I DO like the Hellcat.

Dan

Comment

What is this "LS" you speak of? Is it a hemi?
            Last edited by Red_Kitty; June 24, 2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SuperBuickGuy;n1272968
              still - I was recommending a C5 instead of a C4, not a C3 instead of a C4.[/QUOTE]
              While you seem to think this some how turned into some competition between a 3 and a 4 , it's not on my part . There really aren't to many vettes I don't like . My point is I just ended up with a running carbed 85 with a super 10 and a non shifting Doug Nash overdrive with a dana 44 for $2000 my kid owed me . He wanted to move on to a fiero in spite of my trying to talk him out of it . So I may have over paid . But if you find one with a dead motor or some electrical gremlins you could get down to 1500 or 2000 . My point is its a good cheap platform. I do like side exhausts as far as looking at them but I really want the noise behind me . Unless the decibel level is around 80 . I've lost enough hearing to this habit .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Thanks guys but as much as I love Corvettes , I don't believe that a vette was on my list of potential builds ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                  Thanks guys but as much as I love Corvettes , I don't believe that a vette was on my list of potential builds ! lol
                  shush, this isn't your discussion anymore

while Beagle may not be in this conversation, his spirit ever hovers over any discussion here

Comment

Sloppy LS in a SN95 already has a recipe, but a twin turbo Gen 3 hemi in a C5 'vette? I'm thinking kevlar underoos would be the order of the day. That's gonna get heated. Sounds okay to me, you guys work it out...

/edited, of course...

Wait, a 351w in the S10, manual please. I think the old cop car Crown Vic oil pan should fit...
                    Last edited by Beagle; June 25, 2020, 08:56 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      Sloppy LS in a SN95 already has a recipe, but a twin turbo Gen 3 hemi in a C5 'vette? I'm thinking kevlar underoos would be the order of the day. That's gonna get heated. Sounds okay to me, you guys work it out...

/edited, of course...

Wait, a 351w in the S10, manual please. I think the old cop car Crown Vic oil pan should fit...
                      all great ideas for those who'd rather push their way to bankruptcy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

while Beagle may not be in this conversation, his spirit ever hovers over any discussion here
                        Hahahahahaha I kinda got that feeling ! It's all good ! It opens my mind to new ideas ............... I don't know if that's good or not ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Were kind of like the government , we know whats best for you , and we're here to help .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post

Hahahahahaha I kinda got that feeling ! It's all good ! It opens my mind to new ideas ............... I don't know if that's good or not ! lol
                            it's so good that we even have Beagle involved now - great thread ;) helpful? probably not so much.....

Comment

all i know is that whatever your new build is, it should be pink.........

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                                Were kind of like the government , we know whats best for you , and we're here to help .
                                and like the government you're doing a great job .......

Comment

Working...
                                X