My next build ..... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's so good that we even have Beagle involved now - great thread ;) helpful? probably not so much.....
    you're input doesn't cost me anything but sleep

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
      all i know is that whatever your new build is, it should be pink.........
      I have no idea where this is going ..................

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post

I have no idea where this is going ..................
        you know that sleep you're missing? you should thank me because his suggestions are the stuff that would put Steven King off his lunch and make Marilyn Manson the latest rock star to find Christianity.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

and like the government you're doing a great job .......
          I got a pretty good chuckle out of that . Hey , you asked us for our opinions . We gave you them . I won't be hurt if you build a LS mustang .It's your money ......Maybe a RX7 or 8 ? Those rotories usually blow the seals fairly early in the life of the body .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

After a lot of thought , I'm building the S10. I would love to build the SN95 but my vision of that build would be a dedicated drag car . In actuality it really wouldn't see that much track time. It would take a lot longer to build than the truck and after the Cougar build that has taken approx 10 years , been there done that. So the plan for the truck as of this moment is to keep the Ridetech but upgrade with corner sensors . I love the look when it's air'd out. Turbo LS with a turbo 400 behind it. I'm going with the 400 because it doesn't need a computer to control it as a 4L80 does and it really won't need overdrive. I can pick up a 8.8 out of an Explorer for cheap and mod it just like I did for the Cougar. Plus much much more . So that's the plan for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003(1).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1273259
            Last edited by langleylad; June 28, 2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

on my list - but who knows if I'll get there, is a faux Typhoon with an LS

Comment

I don't see many of the mid 80's to early 90's Blazers/Jimmys in the Vancouver area . But it does sound fun.

Comment

Somebody should build a Fiat with a Cadillac V6...
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Somebody should build a Fiat with a Cadillac V6...
                    That sounds familiar ...... must be waiting for parts

Comment

That sounds familiar ...... must be waiting for parts
                      nope, just waiting for those who are running their lips to come help.

Comment

I don't see many of the mid 80's to early 90's Blazers/Jimmys in the Vancouver area . But it does sound fun.
                        they are hella cheap here.... if you ever want one, they are cheap cheap cheap (less then 1k for runners)... check out FB marketplace

Comment

Yep me too only with an sbc
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Yep me too only with an sbc
                            If I hadn't already built and even dozen with sbc's...

Comment

One of the upgrades that I wanted to do was add height sensors at each corner so that the ride height would be more consistent . As it is now and has been for the last 10 years , it doesn't always sit as I would like. The system now is based on pressure -+ 7 lbs. at each corner. 7 lbs can make a big difference on how the truck sits , height sensors are way more accurate -+ 1/2 inch. Anyhow Ridetech doesn't manufacture the electronic controller ( for height sensors) for my unit anymore as they now have a new model . I'm told I'd have to change to whole system and at over $2,000 US that's not an option for me. Accuair manufactured a kit but they have closed operations permanently because the corona virus. I've been searching the web for some old stock but no such luck , I guess I'll have to live with it as is.

Comment

If I hadn't already built and even dozen with sbc's...
                                This is my 4th . Every last one red ( like my new original 2.8 4 sp was ) . All were turbo 400s . The current one is a 5 speed . But I really would like to put a 4x4 frame under this one and get it down as low as a typhoon or syclone and put some vette saw blade wheels and IRS under it . I actually have a dana 44 irs or maybe skip the all wheel drive and set it on the white 85s chassis . I think whith the syclones fender flare it will cover all the tire
                                Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 2, 2020, 07:12 PM.
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X