My next build ..... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    all i know is that whatever your new build is, it should be pink.........
    Ok , I was just catching up on SBG's Plastic Fantastic project when I came across the "paint it pink" suggestion and here I thought that I was special ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post

Ok , I was just catching up on SBG's Plastic Fantastic project when I came across the "paint it pink" suggestion and here I thought that I was special ! lol

sorry, yeah...it was just a continuation of my
      mission in life to get more guys to rock pink.
      heres the 454 and the kilduff shifter w/home
      made shift balls that were in my 78 vette, may
      she R.I.P. wherever she is..

as far as guys saying its a girly color, if the 6ft3
      and 350lbs dont convince them, i just tell them
      im straighter than the pole their mama used to
      dance on, and to shaddap....

Click image for larger version

Name:	pinkrat.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	1273641

Click image for larger version

Name:	kilduff2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1273642

Comment

I see a pink car and I want to paint it Black.

(obligatory derail)
        Last edited by Beagle; July 3, 2020, 05:35 AM. Reason: edit. everything. every time.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

To all of you south of the border , I'd like to wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July weekend . Cheers

Comment

Thank You... I am sorry that I missed sending you wishes on Canada Day on the 1st IIRC....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yeah, the Canadians get the 4th. of July on the wrong day! (J/K - Mom was Canadian and now my daughter is too.)

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Thank You... I am sorry that I missed sending you wishes on Canada Day on the 1st IIRC....
                Thanks, you are correct and no need to apologize .

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Yeah, the Canadians get the 4th. of July on the wrong day! (J/K - Mom was Canadian and now my daughter is too.)

Dan
                  Ya , we're on the metric system up here so our 4th is on the 1st She "was" Canadian ? , once you're Canadian , you always are
                  Last edited by langleylad; July 4, 2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Ya , we're on the metric system up here so our 4th is on the 1st She "was" Canadian ? , once your Canadian , you always are
                    She died a few years ago so it's past tense. She really didn't think of herself as Canadian as she was brought here at age 3 in about 1923 (IIRC) so the US was all she ever knew. She thought she was a US citizen until she tried to get a passport about 1975 or so and found out she wasn't. Not only had she been voting, she was a poll worker! Dad's lawyer sorted it out.

Dan

Comment

Ya , we're on the metric system up here so our 4th is on the 1st She "was" Canadian ? , once your Canadian , you always are
                      yes but.... was talking to some ex-pats who are refugees from Canada - if they want to move back, they have to pay a 30% tax penalty based upon the best 3 years of income they made in the US... under the veneer of friendliness implied by aboot, there is a bit of hardball. I guess we're stuck with them, but it's okay, he drives a Corvette
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Story I heard is you can't fly from Canada into the US right now but you can drive, and you can't drive from the U.S. into Canada but you can fly??? Something like that, maybe it's backwards. Anyway, Happy Independence Day!

I sort of laughed when I read south of the border. I was thinking Mexico... North of the border means Oklahoma. Typical Texan.

Oh, probably off topic, but I saw a '68 Lincoln 460 today for 275. That'd be the 10.5:1 version C8VE heads, I'm wondering about building a truck around that. Will it fit in an S10? I keep seeing all these LS builds and it looks stupid easy to make stupid HP for cheap. I guess once they got an HO / 351 firing order, they figured out how to make power. Haha. I'm on the fence. If one fell in my lap for dirt money, I might think about it.
                        Last edited by Beagle; July 4, 2020, 07:51 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          Story I heard is you can't fly from Canada into the US right now but you can drive, and you can't drive from the U.S. into Canada but you can fly??? Something like that, maybe it's backwards. Anyway, Happy Independence Day!

I sort of laughed when I read south of the border. I was thinking Mexico... North of the border means Oklahoma. Typical Texan.

Oh, probably off topic, but I saw a '68 Lincoln 460 today for 275. That'd be the 10.5:1 version C8VE heads, I'm wondering about building a truck around that. Will it fit in an S10? I keep seeing all these LS builds and it looks stupid easy to make stupid HP for cheap. I guess once they got an HO / 351 firing order, they figured out how to make power. Haha. I'm on the fence. If one fell in my lap for dirt money, I might think about it.
                          let me help
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            ...........I saw a '68 Lincoln 460 today for 275. That'd be the 10.5:1 version C8VE heads, I'm wondering about building a truck around that. Will it fit in an S10? I keep seeing all these LS builds and it looks stupid easy to make stupid HP for cheap. I guess once they got an HO / 351 firing order, they figured out how to make power. Haha. I'm on the fence. If one fell in my lap for dirt money, I might think about it.

make it fit...we used a 460 out of a 69 lincoln (same basic setup) with a clay smith hydraulic cam
                            (actually picked for us by george striegal himself over the phone before he passed-what a great
                            kind man he was, and a genius to boot. ) a weiand stealth intake, an 800 edelbrock, and hooker
                            fox body swap headers with harland sharp rollers, and stuffed it in little bros 86 stang. we did
                            weld in subframe connectors before the swap, but still--

during the 'break in' initial 500-1000 mile period (so he was babying it since the motor was new)
                            it started pulling the upper rear control arm mounts out of the floorpan....again, he wasnt even
                            beating on it yet, this was just normal driving. too much torque! so a pair of battle boxes
                            were welded in.

with the built matching C6 and a 2200 converter with a 3.08 rear gear, on 17 inch cobra wheels
                            and a lowered front/rear (not optimized for straight line) suspension it ran 13.03....at 126mph!!!

he couldnt come off the line for crepe, but that 126mph trap speed should be a low 11/ high 10 car.
                            and this was on a stock (even reused original pistons) rebuilt "rings/bearings/gaskets/oil pump/
                            cam and krylon" short block.

those early 10-1 piston 460s are freaking beasts, id buy it in a second and try to make it work--if i
                            couldnt fit it in an s10 then id go find something that i COULD fit it in! they do make 460 swap kits
                            for rangers-maybe a bit of 'kit bashing' would get you there?
                            Last edited by fatguyzinc; July 4, 2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X