Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh [email protected] here we go again....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oh [email protected] here we go again....

    in my best superbuick imitation, i went out and bought ANOTHER
    project--cause you know, like, the 4 unfinished ones i already have
    aint enough....

    actually, it really was one of those "no. no. NO. i said no. ok, MAYBE.
    but where would we put it, how we gonna afford it, gonna take years
    to finish, i really shouldnt....wait-how much? [email protected]" (resignedly
    counting out money) the clincher was when bobby the retired machinist
    said "you can stick it at my place as long as you need to".

    son of a......freaking enabler....

    its a 1948 stylemaster 2 door coupe.
    its been rewired with a painless kit, has a running chevy 454,
    a th400, 9" ford rear with 4.11, a mustang 2 front end, a clean title
    with plates in storage (no back taxes, yay! ) full set of welds with
    new tires, and a decent for being 72 years old body. all the glass, trim
    around glass, bumpers, grill, etc came with it.

    $5000........ i had to do [email protected]

    p.s.--the mutt sticking his head into the picture is bobbys "son", chico.
    aka the big rat.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	da48.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.2 KB ID:	1275133


    Last edited by fatguyzinc; July 19, 2020, 10:44 PM.
    silver_bullet and BFXJason like this.

  • #2
    always liked the fat fender coupes...

    but did you get all of the door?

    everyone blames the lawyer, but the lawyer was never there when they got into trouble... it's fine, though, I like better then the dodge.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 19, 2020, 10:48 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

    Comment


    • #3
      As long as you pull that Chevy and put a BBB in it it'll be great! (looks like a fun project - something to do in your spare time)

      Dan

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        always liked the fat fender coupes...

        but did you get all of the door?

        everyone blames the lawyer, but the lawyer was never there when they got into trouble... it's fine, though, I like better then the dodge.


        the door was patched but not painted so it started rusting again,
        its there just looks like a missing edge. im already going thru buyers remorse,
        i looked at some replacement parts and a grill is $2500........ouch. id make one first.
        Last edited by fatguyzinc; July 20, 2020, 10:43 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          What's it going to take to make it drive? I would spray it in semi gloss black. Put the glass in it and drive it around until someone offered you good money for it.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post



            the door was patched but not painted so it started rusting again,
            its there just looks like a missing edge. im already going thru buyers remorse,
            i looked at some replacement parts and a grill is $2500........ouch. id make one first.
            figure out what you need, those things are far more available over here... make a list... post it
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Russell View Post
              What's it going to take to make it drive? Put the glass in it and drive it around .
              thats pretty much the plan at this point-- bare minimum to make it (safely) road worthy,
              get it legal, drive the crepe outta it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

                figure out what you need, those things are far more available over here... make a list... post it
                good idea, i will work on that. mahalo sistah...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

                  good idea, i will work on that. mahalo sistah...
                  anytime my bi*ch
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

                    anytime my bi*ch
                    id think you woulda said 'my piggah' since im a bit
                    on the hefty side...or is that too politically incorrect?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

                      id think you woulda said 'my piggah' since im a bit
                      on the hefty side...or is that too politically incorrect?
                      I think it's more regionally specific.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Politically incorrect has gone too far, got scolded in physical therapy for poking fun at MYSELF...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Politically incorrect has gone too far, got scolded in physical therapy for poking fun at MYSELF...
                          Shame on you for shaming yourself! I use the word saturated far too often these days, but I am. I don't suppose they would like my retort. Oh? Go blow it out your * (fill in with non-pc word for posterior, or beast of burden.) They have a choice then, kick me out or shut up. I'm okay with either result by the time I've said that. It gets harder every year to take whatever "they" come up with seriously.

                          Meanwhile, back a the new ride... All the glass!... nice. What kind of trailer is that on? I don't think I could get that car up my driveway without leaving copious metal shavings, looks LOW.

                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Beagle View Post

                            What kind of trailer is that on? I don't think I could get that car up my driveway without leaving copious metal shavings, looks LOW.


                            yes its WAY too low, im raising it a few inches for sure-maybe even 4 or 5..
                            its sitting on a towtruck with dollies under the rear tires. getting it loaded was
                            sketchy to say the least. i do need one side of the windshield as one of the
                            panes is cracked, but all the rest looks ok.

                            i still havent told paz....shes gonna KILL me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Politically incorrect has gone too far, got scolded in physical therapy for poking fun at MYSELF...
                              thats ridiculous--and sadly, seems to be the "new normal".
                              so dumb--gotta go with george carlin-- "since when did not
                              having youre feelings hurt become a [email protected] right??"

                              when people tell me they are offended at something i said or did,
                              my reply is usually "the fact that you are so easily offended and
                              think you should be catered to and coddled offends ME--so guess
                              we are even. why dontchya grow up,ya friggen crybaby...."
                              Last edited by fatguyzinc; July 21, 2020, 09:02 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X