oh g@d.... here we go again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    soooo, how's the projects coming? far more importantly, how's your kiddo?
    projects are creeping along slowly, but hey ANY progress is progress, right?

as for peter hes doing REALLY well, (and thank you for asking about him ) he
    has been in remission for almost 4 years now, and hes trying to get his B.A. in
    civil engineering (hes got 2 semesters left--thank god, at $5k a semester its
    KILLING us...plus the $300/week meds....aye yai yai...) and his older brother
    phillip went straight from HCC to pearlharbor as a generator tech, he started
    at $23/hour and a year and a half later is making $29.... YAY !!!!
    so happy for boffa dem.

Comment

before i left for maui, brother bobby hooked me up with a guy he knows, thats building a 3100 series 55 gmc pickup.
      he just did a M2 front stub, so he sold us the stock 55 beam axle with leafs, steering box, brackets, hangers, even
      2 rims & tires, for...........

$100.00 !

so we now have a straight front to put in the 48. yay!

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
        before i left for maui, brother bobby hooked me up with a guy he knows, thats building a 3100 series 55 gmc pickup.
        he just did a M2 front stub, so he sold us the stock 55 beam axle with leafs, steering box, brackets, hangers, even
        2 rims & tires, for...........

$100.00 !

so we now have a straight front to put in the 48. yay!
        Kits are available to use car hubs/disc brakes
        kid got that for his 57 car project using my old 59 1/2t chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Kits are available to use car hubs/disc brakes
          kid got that for his 57 car project using my old 59 1/2t chevy.
          asked bobby about that when i bought it as the hubs are 6 lug and rear is 5 lug, he said "so?"
          i said so going look weird 6 lug front 5 lug rear. he says "put a hubcap on the fronts...."

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

asked bobby about that when i bought it as the hubs are 6 lug and rear is 5 lug, he said "so?"
              i said so going look weird 6 lug front 5 lug rear. he says "put a hubcap on the fronts...."
              Still gotta carry 2 spares anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Still gotta carry 2 spares anyways...
                spares? tire plug kit, can of fix-a-flat, cigarette plug compresser,
                and failing all that-- a triple A card.....

hey, anybody got 2 (a pair ) of 55-59 chebby or gmc pickemup hubcaps?

Comment

still looking for a passenger rear fender for this car, found 3 cars here but no
                  matter how i tried couldnt swing any kind of a deal......man, i feel so discouraged!

Comment

bump for the rear passenger fender, still
                    trying to find one. any ideas?
                    anyone?
                    bueller?
                    bueller?
                    bueller..........

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

yep, seen those. $1000 for a pair (who would run one steel and one glass one...)
                        plus $550 shipping to stockton...... thanks for at least trying though.

Comment

another try: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26474530487...BoCnlMQAvD_BwE
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; January 9, 2022, 06:05 PM.
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

thanks! its showing $227 shipping to my zip, ive emailed the seller
                            to ask them to double check that its correct.
                            if it is, im probably going to buy it..........

gotta fill the gashole (her car is a business coupe so filler neck is in
                            body panel behind door, booo...) but thats a small price to pay if
                            i can get an unmoogelated fender.
                            Last edited by fatguyzinc; January 11, 2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

thanks! its showing $227 shipping to my zip, ive emailed the seller
                              to ask them to double check that its correct.
                              if it is, im probably going to buy it..........

gotta fill the gashole (her car is a business coupe so filler neck is in
                              body panel behind door, booo...) but thats a small price to pay if
                              i can get an unmoogelated fender.
                              So you can moogelate it yourself?
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

So you can moogelate it yourself?
                                hey, ill have you know i come from a long line of moogelaters.
                                weve been moogelating stuff since the beginning of recorded
                                time! i am now head moogelator for my family, with paz as second
                                in command moogelator. and both our boys are showing very
                                promising moogelation skills themselves.....

Comment

Working...
                                X