No announcement yet.

S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning product endorsement ............... I mentioned earlier that I was going to move the S10 to the driveway and wrap it up from the winter. Well I purchased a cheap waterproof car cover off of Amazon and put it on the truck. Two days later we got hit hard by an "atmospheric river" as they call it , pretty much a months worth of rain in 24 hrs. I'm sure many of you have heard or read about what is going on here in Beautiful BC . Anyhow today I looked under the cover and she's as dry as dry can be . I'm happy with this purchase .... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      Warning product endorsement ............... I mentioned earlier that I was going to move the S10 to the driveway and wrap it up from the winter. Well I purchased a cheap waterproof car cover off of Amazon and put it on the truck. Two days later we got hit hard by an "atmospheric river" as they call it , pretty much a months worth of rain in 24 hrs. I'm sure many of you have heard or read about what is going on here in Beautiful BC . Anyhow today I looked under the cover and she's as dry as dry can be . I'm happy with this purchase .... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      it was a bit moist there for a minute or two.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• You guys doing okay? when we last spoke it was a challenge, now the Red Cross is out.... and got sent home because they can't get to the most affected places.... and 2 more storms to go.... wish we could send them over the Rockies to Saskatchewan and Montana...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          You guys doing okay? when we last spoke it was a challenge, now the Red Cross is out.... and got sent home because they can't get to the most affected places.... and 2 more storms to go.... wish we could send them over the Rockies to Saskatchewan and Montana...
          Thanks for checking in , the worst is supposed to hit tomorrow.

Comment

• Good luck to y'all (that's "all of you" here in the Southern US).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Good luck to y'all (that's "all of you" here in the Southern US).

Dan
              Thanks Dan , I understand y’all . We used to watch Hee Haw years ago

Comment

Good luck to y'all (that's "all of you" here in the Southern US).

Dan
                I thought y'all was friends and family - all y'all was everyone who has ever existed, exists now, and will ever exist....

Remember, hope floats, S-10s .... not so much

Comment

I thought y'all was friends and family - all y'all was everyone who has ever existed, exists now, and will ever exist....

Funny you should say that because plenty of truckers are/were stuck in the town of Hope when the highways are/were shut down. Thankfully our home is out of harms way.

Comment

Seriously, it depends on exactly where in the South you are. In SE NC "y'all" is always plural and basically means everybody you ever knew as opposed to "Grandma and them" (Willie and them, etc.) which means Grandma (Willie) and those s/he hangs out with (uncle Fester and his wife and kids, etc.) "Yew" is just the person you're talking with. In the mountains and even the foothills somewhat different rules apply but I'm not qualified to comment given that I've never lived there.

Where my Bro lives (San Antonio, TX) "y'all" is singular and plural so the invitation "Y'all come for dinner" is confusing unless there is some previous understanding. I'm never heard "Grandma and them" when visiting him in Texas so I don't know if that exists there.

Maybe Victor or Russell or some of those folks will chime in. I've only been here 18 years or so which puts me in the "Damn Yankee" category.

Dan

Comment

Seriously, it depends on exactly where in the South you are. In SE NC "y'all" is always plural and basically means everybody you ever knew as opposed to "Grandma and them" (Willie and them, etc.) which means Grandma (Willie) and those s/he hangs out with (uncle Fester and his wife and kids, etc.) "Yew" is just the person you're talking with. In the mountains and even the foothills somewhat different rules apply but I'm not qualified to comment given that I've never lived there.

Where my Bro lives (San Antonio, TX) "y'all" is singular and plural so the invitation "Y'all come for dinner" is confusing unless there is some previous understanding. I'm never heard "Grandma and them" when visiting him in Texas so I don't know if that exists there.

Maybe Victor or Russell or some of those folks will chime in. I've only been here 18 years or so which puts me in the "Damn Yankee" category.

Dan
                      so much simpler in Seattle. They never invite discretionary friends* over for dinner, only refer to all of 'them' in a derogatory manner, and pretend no one else exists in the absence of being there to be smugly judged.

*discretionary friends are people they don't want something from.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 29, 2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Wow , and y’all thought us Canadians talked funny ! lol

Comment

• I gathered up some more parts last week. A pair of Spal fans , one 11” and one 12” . A great deal from Amazon Speed Shop and an Allstar Performance 19 x 28 dual pass radiator from Summit. I added a steam port fitting as well as a drain petcock . I’ll pick up some aluminum sheet and fab up a fan shroud .

Click image for larger version

Name:	30CCB076-1F35-4E77-B5CA-0B819C65131D.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1309979

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                            Wow , and y’all thought us Canadians talked funny ! lol
                            you need to hear Lohnes talk.... seriously.

Comment

• At the risk of repeating myself I gotta say that the Kayme waterproof 6 layer car covers on Amazon are amazing and cheap . I've had one on the S10 for months now and the truck is bone dry. Even after the heavy wind and rains we've had plus all the snow we've been getting . I've ordered anotherone for the Cougar .

I've ordered an intercooler , blow off valve , and some other parts from Summit . So hopefully in a month I'll bring the S10 inside and the Cougar outside so that I can get back at it .

I hope you all have a great 2022 , it can only get better ....

Comment

• Just an FYI for future intercooler and similar purchases - Silicone Intake Systems has GREAT prices and their stuff looks the same as Summit, etc - pretty sure they come out of the same factory. At least when I checked a couple of years ago they best everybody and give excellent service. Worth checking their website, anyhow. I'm guessing they'd ship to Canada but of course you would want to check that out.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X