Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So it’s been a little while since I updated on here. I needed two items before I could fire this thing up for the first time with this combo. The Holley Terminator X and their 7” digital dash . I was planning on buying the ECU first but I found a great deal on the digital dash so I pulled the trigger on that. Little did I know that in order for the dash to show turn signals and fuel level, you need an additional harness to do so . So another couple $100 bills vanished from my wallet. So now I wait , it’s only money.

    Comment


    • Money is Fluid on any Build.......

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Money is Fluid on any Build.......
        I've also heard that "Money is lube". Add money and everything moves along better.

        Comment


        • Click image for larger version

Name:	5DC49911-1BA2-4560-9B45-EB6C9FC0A84D.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	1319966 As I sit and wait for parts I’m tending to the little things that need tidying up. I have an air strut that has been leaking so I looked into that . It was a fitting at the valve, oddly enough I had a few spares so I changed that out … fixed . While the pumps were running I noticed a wee bit of smoke coming from the power plug . Here’s what I found .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by langleylad View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	5DC49911-1BA2-4560-9B45-EB6C9FC0A84D.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	1319966 As I sit and wait for parts I’m tending to the little things that need tidying up. I have an air strut that has been leaking so I looked into that . It was a fitting at the valve, oddly enough I had a few spares so I changed that out … fixed . While the pumps were running I noticed a wee bit of smoke coming from the power plug . Here’s what I found .
            See if you can find a bottle of Lucas electrical smoke - I know it's available. You can just put the smoke back in there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

              See if you can find a bottle of Lucas electrical smoke - I know it's available. You can just put the smoke back in there.
              🤣 Done !

              I improved it , it won’t get out now

              Comment


              • Click image for larger version

Name:	7ACC2B10-39E6-4339-A172-1331FBCBBE34.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	697.6 KB
ID:	1320336 One more piece of the puzzle is in place . While waiting for it to arrive I installed a terminal block behind the dash and ran wires for 12v switched / ground / signals / fuel gauge and high beam . Which made connecting the dash super easy .

                Comment


                • The last major piece of this stage has been ordered . I just have to wait a month for it to arrive . The Holley Terminator X . I ordered it through a company here in Canada , they didn't have stock (no surprise) so they placed the order with Holley and they'll ship direct to me . Same method as when I bought the Digital Dash. The parts company I'm dealing with was having a 10% off Fathers Day Sale . Strangely enough it was cheaper through them than Summit , the downside is I have to wait .

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Holley X .jpg Views:	0 Size:	476.4 KB ID:	1321265
                  Last edited by langleylad; June 22, 2022, 03:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I like my Terminator X, right now it's a 5 speed so there was no need for the Max. I was pinching pennies when I ordered it. If I ever want to go auto I know I will be kicked myself.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      I like my Terminator X, right now it's a 5 speed so there was no need for the Max. I was pinching pennies when I ordered it. If I ever want to go auto I know I will be kicked myself.
                      I hear ya , I was considering a Max unit in case I ever decided to put a 4L80E in it but here it’s another $400 . That’s an expensive “in case” . I have a Dominator in my Cougar and it’s a pretty slick unit . I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Terminator X so it’s all good.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X