S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Summit resurrected my old address (this, after phone call to fix the issue) then sent something to it. After that, they said that it was somehow my fault and no refund. Good luck, you'll need it.
    My next call would have been to my credit card company requesting a refund.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• “WARNING” not everything you read on the internet is true ! . Ya , I know it’s hard to believe. I had read that a turbo does a great job quieting the exhaust and that no muffler is needed. Well that’s not the case here , she’s plenty loud . A 3 inch Flowmaster has been ordered. I’ve also added a oil temp sensor and a cooling pressure sensor, just because I could. The Terminator X doesn’t recognize thermistors but the Holley dash does so I won’t be able to log oil temps but at least I’ll be able to see what they are ( for what it’s worth) .

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        “WARNING” not everything you read on the internet is true ! . Ya , I know it’s hard to believe. I had read that a turbo does a great job quieting the exhaust and that no muffler is needed. Well that’s not the case here , she’s plenty loud . A 3 inch Flowmaster has been ordered. I’ve also added a oil temp sensor and a cooling pressure sensor, just because I could. The Terminator X doesn’t recognize thermistors but the Holley dash does so I won’t be able to log oil temps but at least I’ll be able to see what they are ( for what it’s worth) .
        Mutt the Race Truck is disappointingly quiet but he is, after all, a Diesel (exhaust off the turbo outlet and thru the front fender). As always, your results may vary.

Comment

• Turbo size, exhaust diameter and length all go into this. Some builds get away with out a muffler and are not too loud. I had a 3" to 4" front exit exhaust it was too loud but I wanted it quiet so it has full exhaust now.

The internet says you don't want a chambered muffler on a turbo. That being said I have flow masters on my car because that's what I already had.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4350370C-FB21-4CF6-8C89-6240065B800C.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	697.7 KB
ID:	1327172 Both builds outside in the sun together for the first time in a long time. I then drove the S10 into the garage and it promptly blew power steering fluid all over the place. The pump has two outlets, I had a cap on one and it blew off . Clean up and a small hose clamp and all is good again.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F541042B-9349-4EF7-B727-D17047ED280B.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	673.0 KB
ID:	1328213 Click image for larger version

Name:	96FEF5B0-3A97-4924-AF81-1B46AB0394A6.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	706.8 KB
ID:	1328215 Well this stage is completed , she’s running great and everything seems to be co-operating. Just in time for the rainy weather , so this weekend I did the shuffle. S10 moved outside and wrapped up and move the Cougar inside for some maintenance/modifications.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8E763943-0BCF-4118-BAAB-C5AFADF059F5.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	613.2 KB
ID:	1328214

Comment

A 3 inch Flowmaster has been ordered. .

pretty sure youre not supposed to run chamber style mufflers with a turbo
                (actually gale banks engineerings kit for our old 7.3 specifically said not
                to use flowmasters by name...) that being said, your car your money but
                my $0.02 is either a true "turbo" type (like the corvair style, theres a reason
                they call them turbo mufflers...) or a 3" through glasspack and/or resonator.

you may end up with less power, lag, more heat, or all 3 with the fromasters.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

pretty sure youre not supposed to run chamber style mufflers with a turbo
                  (actually gale banks engineerings kit for our old 7.3 specifically said not
                  to use flowmasters by name...) that being said, your car your money but
                  my $0.02 is either a true "turbo" type (like the corvair style, theres a reason
                  they call them turbo mufflers...) or a 3" through glasspack and/or resonator.

you may end up with less power, lag, more heat, or all 3 with the fromasters.....
                  You are correct , this muffler is not chambered . It’s a Flow FX piece by Flowmaster. Thanks for looking out for me

Comment

You are correct , this muffler is not chambered . It’s a Flow FX piece by Flowmaster. Thanks for looking out for me
                    havent seen those, took a fast look and you
                    are correct--that is exactly the kind of muffler
                    youre "supposed" to use with a turbo motor.

i stand corrected sir, good job.

Comment

• mufflers? what's those?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

mufflers? what's those?
                        that sorta scarfy looking thing scrawny white dudes wives make em
                        wear when its chilly out so they dont catch a cold.... i think.......

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

that sorta scarfy looking thing scrawny white dudes wives make em
                          wear when its chilly out so they dont catch a cold.... i think.......
                          probably something Canadians use...
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

probably something Canadians use...
                            Take off eh !
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	D0F87F2B-E840-48D2-928D-43C07CE6B3D0.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1328626

Comment

• What's a Lesbian called in Canada?

A Klondike....,

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                What's a Lesbian called in Canada?

A Klondike....,
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X