Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

why? You added an "r" cam...

This thread is like watching a sailboat without a keel.
    This is what happens while I'm waiting for parts

Comment

I think we should probably turn our backs and walk away slowly from this topic SBG ..............................
      Last edited by langleylad; August 8, 2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

so ... those injector are good for about 600 hp turbo'd at 85% duty cycle according to "them". You gonna run E-85?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

so ... those injector are good for about 600 hp turbo'd at 85% duty cycle according to "them". You gonna run E-85?
          On the north side of the 49th we don't have E85 . As far as pump gas the best we have is 93 octane , "them" are smart fellas .

Comment

Good points. I was thinking more about the increased amount of fuel you have to deliver with e85 and whether the Holley could step up the fuel pressure when it senses ethanol. .

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

you have to put a sensor in place. I don't know if Canada even blends fuel..
              Yes , some of our fuels are ethanol blended.

Comment

Good points. I was thinking more about the increased amount of fuel you have to deliver with e85 and whether the Holley could step up the fuel pressure when it senses ethanol. .
                You can add a flex fuel sensor. It uses one of the input. Then there are tables that you can increase lbs/hr. Based on E%. I have never heard of anyone using the Holley to increase Fuel pressure. Most buy a boost reference fuel pressure regulator to increase FP based on boost.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Since I'm going to install a shift kit in the TH400 , I might as well tear it right down and replace the rear thrust washer with a improved bushing and roller bearing . Sounds like a good plan to me . After all the guy who sold the trans to me said it was rebuilt with not many miles on it . You would do the same too , correct ?. And since I'm going to be working on this trans I should make it easier to do so why not build a trans holding fixture out of bits and pieces in the shop . I could have bought one on eBay for $250 and wait a month to receive it , I had to spend $15 for material and $11 for paint . I should be seeing FedEx on Monday with the Rear roller bearing upgrade kit. I found a guy on YouTube , Mountains Garage . He's in Maine , smart guy. Check him out , he's got less than 300 subscribers . He should have a hell of a lot more .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1122.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	883.5 KB
ID:	1278105Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1123.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	822.4 KB
ID:	1278106

Comment

That's a young channel, has he sacrificed something to the algorithm yet? I can't figure youtube, they still don't get that I am not a cat person. Maybe it's the ad blocker.

That's a groovy looking stand! I think mine will end up being lumber based and not as neat. There is more dead tree than dead steel around my yard. The t-bolt holds it still when you rotate it 90*, or is there a matching hole to help lock it?

Comment

That's a young channel, has he sacrificed something to the algorithm yet? I can't figure youtube, they still don't get that I am not a cat person. Maybe it's the ad blocker.

That's a groovy looking stand! I think mine will end up being lumber based and not as neat. There is more dead tree than dead steel around my yard. The t-bolt holds it still when you rotate it 90*, or is there a matching hole to help lock it?
                      matching hole ...........

Comment

There is lots to be learned when you are involved in a build/project . Working on this TH400 , I've learned that it's a good thing to order a complete rebuild kit even it you're not rebuilding your trans. Since I've completely disassembled this trans I've found a few pieces that need to be looked after . Before I dug into this TH400 I ordered a Transgo shift kit and since the kit doesn't include a filter , I ordered one which included a pan gasket and since the shift kit came with a pan gasket I now have two . I also ordered and seal and gasket kit since I would need one because I'm tearing it completely apart. Now I have three pan gaskets. Upon reassembly I've found a couple more pieces to be replaced , ordered . Now I wait , which is no big deal because once this trans is complete it's just going to sit on the floor until I have everything else which is going to be a while ..... a long while. If I had just ordered a complete top quality rebuild kit it would include everything I need and a lot of parts that I don't. But once you include shipping charges/time on three orders it's cheaper just to order a complete kit. I'll be wiser next time ........... I hope .

Comment

Completely understood - there's a real joy in finding a 3.24 transmission mount at Rockauto and then the defeat of "it comes from a separate warehouse, that'll be another 7.99 for shipping"

Are you seeing anything worthy of a road trip for a mill?

Comment

Completely understood - there's a real joy in finding a 3.24 transmission mount at Rockauto and then the defeat of "it comes from a separate warehouse, that'll be another 7.99 for shipping"

Are you seeing anything worthy of a road trip for a mill?

To tell you the truth , I'm looking locally here and trying to put some $$$ together to pay for one. The wife and I are going on a short holiday soon , so some $$$ for that will come in handy . I think we're all feeling the money crunch with this Covid thing going on . I know I am , smaller paychecks lately because of reduced hours . Plus it would be nice if I could stay off eBay and Amazon . I bought some Pac1218's on eBay at a killer price , for an engine I haven't bought yet .

Last edited by langleylad; August 25, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I’ve been buying on eBay lately, their Global Shipping Program is a joke ! No , actually jokes are funny and this program is far from funny. I placed an order on July 23 and it still is a no show. According to their tracking it had been sitting in a post office in California for a month, they blamed Covid 19 , I call BS . For 50% more it can ship via a proper carrier and you can get your parts in a week. I wish there was an option for shipping on eBay purchases . I’ve shipped from Vancouver to Austin , Texas via mail , $25 for 10 lbs and it was delivered in less than a week. Good deal as far as I’m concerned. And I wait ....

Comment

Any updates on the S10?
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X