S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    Man, I wish you were close to me, I'd take the current engine and trans combo off your hands.

I have an 87 Mazda B2000 that just doesn't run right. The 2.0 in it is a gutless turd anyway. I wanted to do an SBC swap but christ on a cracker, a 350 core is more than I paid for running drinving cards 20 years ago. Asking prices on an LS engine/trans combo are prohibitive as well. That little 4.3 would be perfect for my 100+ mile a day commute!.
    I hate to burst the bubble, but, an LS swap would get better mileage than a 4.3.... anywho, may just want to find a donor(wrecked or salvage) truck... try copart:

Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Man, I wish you were close to me, I'd take the current engine and trans combo off your hands.

I have an 87 Mazda B2000 that just doesn't run right. The 2.0 in it is a gutless turd anyway. I wanted to do an SBC swap but christ on a cracker, a 350 core is more than I paid for running drinving cards 20 years ago. Asking prices on an LS engine/trans combo are prohibitive as well. That little 4.3 would be perfect for my 100+ mile a day commute!.
      It's been an awesome engine . GM remanufactured about 20 + years ago . I've only run Mobil 1 synthetic , probably has over 125m miles on her . When I dropped it in the truck I added Edelbrock headers and a Edelbrock intake . Years down the road I added a MSD billet distributor and a Holley throttle body . Never had a problem with it. I'd love to tear it open and check it out but if it's not broke don't fix it . I'll just shove it in the corner (no room in the corner). It had no problem getting 20 mpg .

Today the brown truck showed up with a box "fresh of the boat" as they say from China .

Click image for larger version

Name:	012b51a4687eecfe3b5cab5289d15d8d5d7b6e8264.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	707.2 KB
ID:	1286302

Comment

you're in BC?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post

It's been an awesome engine . GM remanufactured about 20 + years ago . I've only run Mobil 1 synthetic , probably has over 125m miles on her . When I dropped it in the truck I added Edelbrock headers and a Edelbrock intake . Years down the road I added a MSD billet distributor and a Holley throttle body . Never had a problem with it. I'd love to tear it open and check it out but if it's not broke don't fix it . I'll just shove it in the corner (no room in the corner). It had no problem getting 20 mpg .

Today the brown truck showed up with a box "fresh of the boat" as they say from China .

Click image for larger version

Name:	012b51a4687eecfe3b5cab5289d15d8d5d7b6e8264.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	707.2 KB
ID:	1286302
          that didn't take long....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            you're in BC?
            Yes sir , Langley , BC

Comment

hmmm, I may know someone who might be interested in your motor....

Comment

hmmm, I may know someone who might be interested in your motor....
                You know where to find me (here)

Comment

I’ve been buying parts like a mad man. I bought the “Sloppy” stage 1 cam over the world famous “Sloppy” stage 2 after a lot of research ( face buried in my phone) . From what I’ve learned the stage 2 is a little too big for the little 4.8 even with a turbo. I also have purchased and I'm waiting on lifters and trays, gaskets, turbo feed and drain pieces, v-bands , resonator, steering shaft , fasteners, turbo blanket, and I think that’s it ( for now). Typical me , I purchased some parts that I might not need to use because the 4.8 I bought has such low mileage. The lifters/trays for instance, I bought them before I found the motor . They were such a great deal that I bought them before they were gone, I’ve lost out on deals before because I hesitated. Oh well spare parts are always good....... right ?
                  Last edited by langleylad; January 23, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

absolutely, they're for the next build

my dad is hesitating about the 4.3.... plus, I'm not sure I could cross the border to get it.... and in that vein, I know about the road that is 1/2 Canada 1/2 US.... can you image trying to explain to the guys with the black helicopters what we'd be doing? I got a chuckle from the thought.

Comment

absolutely, they're for the next build

my dad is hesitating about the 4.3.... plus, I'm not sure I could cross the border to get it.... and in that vein, I know about the road that is 1/2 Canada 1/2 US.... can you image trying to explain to the guys with the black helicopters what we'd be doing? I got a chuckle from the thought.
                      There's no hurry as the 4.3 is still sitting between the fender and It'll be there till the spring anyhow . If the time comes , I can meet you down on Zero Avenue . You can stand on one side of the ditch and I on the other and I'll just through you the engine .............. sounds good

Comment

On the topic of "spare" parts , I have a practice of having a running shopping cart on Rockauto . When I think of a part that's needed and they have the best price I add it to the cart . When I get to the point that the total is not too painful I place the order. Last night I thought , throttle body to manifold gasket . The GM Genuine part is $23 cdn and the Felpro part is $8 cdn . So the Felpro gasket it is , $8 for a big rubber o-ring . In the basket it goes. Today , I'm out in the shop cleaning things up. So I'm sorting things out in my parts cabinet and guess what I found ........ 3 of them and one of them was the $23 GM piece. Out of the basket it comes , it pays to tidy up once in a while . Plus I also had 3 v-bands for my turbo set up and a couple of O2 sensor bungs as well ......................... I ordered 2 (bungs) on eBay a couple of days ago ................ "spare" parts are good ......... right ?
                        Last edited by langleylad; January 24, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Right!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Right!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                              , it pays to tidy up once in a while ........:
                              wash your dirty mouth out with soap. my plan is to buy a shop full of parts I'll never use then sell them at a loss (but make it up in volume)

Comment

wash your dirty mouth out with soap. my plan is to buy a shop full of parts I'll never use then sell them at a loss (but make it up in volume)
                                Brilliant! I did that for years with cars I bought, fixed, and resold.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X