No announcement yet.

S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The folks at eBay’s Global Shipping Program facility in Kentucky are cruel people, they just love to hang on to my stuff !

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      The folks at eBay’s Global Shipping Program facility in Kentucky are cruel people, they just love to hang on to my stuff !
      you cleaned your shop, coincidence? I think not

if it makes you feel any better, FedUp has this mythical facility in "Troutdale" which holds parts for weeks.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've had Bad Voodoo out of the Kentucky Facility!! After hanging out for a few days,
        Then some Remedial School Drop Out on US Geography sent it Via South Carolina to Pennsylvania To Chicago to Wisconsin

Comment

Parts have slowly been showing up the last couple of days. I just don’t understand their method of shipping. I pay the vendor $20 for shipping. Let’s say the vendor is in California, they ship via UPS/FedEx/USPS to Kentucky. GSP does their thing and ships it to a courier in Canada, who then eventually deliver it to me . Total shipping time 14 to 21 days on average maybe more . 3 different couriers on average for $20 ? . My last package weighed about a pound. Why doesn’t the vendor just thought it in the mail . I shipped a 7 lb box (valve covers) from Vancouver to Dallas for $20 via mail, delivered in 7 days . I printed out the waybill/customs papers on the Canada Post website in 5 minutes. It’s easy.

Comment

you know.... you do have an 'in' on this side of the border.... heck, even my wife is going to Bellingham tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              you know.... you do have an 'in' on this side of the border.... heck, even my wife is going to Bellingham tomorrow...
              Thank you Sir , she can just throw the parts over the border

It's been many many years since I've been to Bellingham , and yet I'm only 45 mins away . My folks had a weekend place in Birch Bay many years ago , plenty of good times there .

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post

Thank you Sir , she can just throw the parts over the border

It's been many many years since I've been to Bellingham , and yet I'm only 45 mins away . My folks had a weekend place in Birch Bay many years ago , plenty of good times there .
                I can just see my wanted poster now.... "Wanted for making Canadians too fast" ...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I can just see my wanted poster now.... "Wanted for making Canadians too fast" ...

Comment

Parts shopping continues , I love researching for parts that should work well together (hopefully) . In doing so I try to remember that I'm not the richest man in the world and try to keep costs down . I feel that I've done quite well except I could have done better with the oil pan purchase . I was on the hunt for a torque converter and in my looking around I came across the line of Jeg's XHD converters . They're manufactured in the US and from what I've read they seem to work . Also I read that they were manufactured by either B&M or Transmission Specialties but then it could be neither , who knows .

Comment

• Just a Reminder Rusty Iron Junkies;
                      At Christmas, give all your delivery driver's and especially your Postal Person a NICE Gift (Tip) !!
                      For all these GOODIES that they have to drag onto your porch. Torque Converters, Heads, Manifods, etc. Are just a little heavier than that Macy's order of the Mrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        Just a Reminder Rusty Iron Junkies;
                        At Christmas, give all your delivery driver's and especially your Postal Person a NICE Gift (Tip) !!
                        For all these GOODIES that they have to drag onto your porch. Torque Converters, Heads, Manifods, etc. Are just a little heavier than that Macy's order of the Mrs.
                        I take it that you are a postal person ?

and as far as "dragged" to my porch ...... ya , too often

Comment

• HA ! Nope just a Retired Teamster.
                          But I quickly went out to help the Postal Lady trying to get a Intake for a Ford 390 FE out of the postal truck that I ordered !!

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                            I need some input please , I'm playing with the idea of running manual brakes , mainly because I'd like to lose the booster to make some more room. It has been many years since I've had a vehicle with them , your thoughts ?
                            I wouldn't be concerned with running manual brakes in it. Your weight will probably be in the 2700-2800lbs range (without driver), it'll stop just fine with manual brakes. My kids Jr. Street S-10 he runs at Mission Raceway only weighs 2750 with a conventional SBC. Still has power brakes - but we've got a Falcon as well with manual that weighs a bit more than that and it stops fine with 11" disks front / drum rear. Hell, manual steering on the S-10 simplifies things even more and isn't needed on the lightweight trucks.

edit - forgot you have the turbo combo to add, so maybe another 100-150lbs depending on intercooler setup etc.....
                            Last edited by chevy3100truck; March 2, 2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• On the manual brakes - that's what I run on Mutt the Race Truck and they work fine. Just be sure you have the master cylinder matched to the manual brake set up. That was easy on the S10 as they came both ways.

Somehow this is the best pic I have of it instaled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1425.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	1289263

Dan

Comment

• My first ( 84 2.8 manual 4 speed manual steering and brakes ) S10 was my only brand new vehicle and it was fine without power brakes . I did miss the power steering though . I will say I've gotten spoiled so I would probably find the room for the booster or go to hydro boost .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X