No announcement yet.

S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so disappointed with Ridetech . I've emailed them twice and posted on their Facebook page asking about replacement bushings and I haven't heard back . First email was three days ago . I realize that this Covid BS has affected alot of companies but I'm sure somebody is on the job and can answer a simple question . Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow. I have plenty to keep me busy but come on Ridetech .

Comment

• So I got an email back this morning from Ridetech. They haven’t carried the bushing I need for some time as they redesigned this kit some years ago. So I’m on my own to find a solution. I guess I’ll have to see what Energy Suspension offers. That’s hot rodding for ya .

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
        So I got an email back this morning from Ridetech. They haven’t carried the bushing I need for some time as they redesigned this kit some years ago. So I’m on my own to find a solution. I guess I’ll have to see what Energy Suspension offers. That’s hot rodding for ya .
        I hate it when that happens. The readout for my Edge tuner on Truck has lost part of its light source (probably an LED) and they don't have a replacement nor any service available so I'm stuck with it. I can't bring myself to buy a new tuner system when that part seems to still be working so for now I'm living with it.

Dan

Comment

So I got an email back this morning from Ridetech. They haven’t carried the bushing I need for some time as they redesigned this kit some years ago. So I’m on my own to find a solution. I guess I’ll have to see what Energy Suspension offers. That’s hot rodding for ya .
          BOOO. They didn't bother to give an alternative? Sounds like a good excuse for delrin and aluminum and a lathe maybe... haha. Worst case, order up some polyurethane and make your own? I'm always good for coming up with 700 dollar solution to a ten dollar problem, but still.... BOOO.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

BOOO. They didn't bother to give an alternative? Sounds like a good excuse for delrin and aluminum and a lathe maybe... haha. Worst case, order up some polyurethane and make your own? I'm always good for coming up with 700 dollar solution to a ten dollar problem, but still.... BOOO.
            No , whoever replied to me (didn't give a name) suggested contacting Energy Suspension to see if they had anything that would work. Which is what I was going to do if I didn't hear back from Ridetech. and yes , BOOO is correct .

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	CCE88DD0-3B00-463A-B30F-53FEDF5636A1.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	562.1 KB
ID:	1295588 Ya , just press out the old bushing the man said. Well after trying to press it out and a hundred hammer blows it’s out . Energy Suspensions and Prothane’s sites were no help. I found Suspension.com , they have a great reference chart to help you find what you need. Got the part # and ordered from Amazon. Of course I’ll need to modify it somewhat. Should be here Monday.

Comment

• Glad you found something that you can start with to get it to work . Eventually .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• That worked out nicely , I even have a spare .
                  I reused the original sleeve as it has the correct inner diameter. Pressed in the two halves equally and cut off the excess, pushed in the inner sleeve and done. Click image for larger version

Name:	F2FD9178-4697-4373-B209-DBA504E61DDC.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	664.8 KB
ID:	1295702

Comment

• Just an Idea,
                    I've cut out rubber bushings with a Coping Saw.
                    Drill thru, slide blade thru, saw away......
                    OR, the Fire Axe way, Get Rubber to start stinking up your shop, Pound out.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      Just an Idea,
                      I've cut out rubber bushings with a Coping Saw.
                      Drill thru, slide blade thru, saw away......
                      OR, the Fire Axe way, Get Rubber to start stinking up your shop, Pound out.......
                      The inner sleeve and rubber bushing came out easily. It was the outer metal sleeve that was a pain to remove.

Comment

The inner sleeve and rubber bushing came out easily. It was the outer metal sleeve that was a pain to remove.
                        those are the easiest to remove if you use an air hammer... collapse the shell into the rubber, out it comes
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

those are the easiest to remove if you use an air hammer... collapse the shell into the rubber, out it comes
                          I’m such a fool , I didn’t even think to use an air hammer. I must be getting old(er).

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D7FBBE49-7927-423D-AAAE-C3F2E46F1AAB.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	640.4 KB
ID:	1296161 Ah shit !

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7FBBE49-7927-423D-AAAE-C3F2E46F1AAB.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	640.4 KB
ID:	1296161 Ah shit !
                                hard to keep the gas in the line when that happens.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X