X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't FEEL like the Lone Ranger on
    fixing one problem, and Destroying
    the Final Product.
    Water was pooling up in the NEW window A/C unit. I could see where the "Dimple Marks" for the Undrilled/Punched drain holes were to be. Being TOO Lazy to Remove the Unit, return it to the store as Defective.......
    Let's drill these holes myself !!
    1st one, perfect, water is Running Out like a Fire Hose, go to the other side......
    ​​​​​​Drill Bit catches the edge of a condenser tube that is on the water tray bottom,
    ALL THE FREON blows out, and freezes the Water pooled up into a block of Ice !!!
    Just Junked and 2 week old A/C unit.
    Call the local HVAC place......"Sorry Bud, It will be cheaper to buy a new one! There is NO Recharge Port on those Best Made In China Models, by the time we take it Apart, fix the leak, install a Charging Port, and Freon..."

Comment

• Productive garage time , while I have Vice Grip Garage on I cut up the core support but left the headlight buckets in place. I don’t have a rad and an intercooler to mock up yet but this needed to be done eventually.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DABE45C3-0A18-43DA-B8FC-115BDF64D3DE.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	788.6 KB
ID:	1304081

Comment

• Did you measure the distance between the fenders before the cut?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
          Did you measure the distance between the fenders before the cut?
          Yes sir , plus this will be a great opportunity to set the hood to fender gap to perfection !
          Last edited by langleylad; September 3, 2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C377AF3C-C991-4B21-9A71-5B3419C6BB9E.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	649.3 KB
ID:	1305642Click image for larger version

Name:	09D266B9-640F-41B5-B8A4-31B191A9C585.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	810.3 KB
ID:	1305643 I like to keep my shop neat and tidy. That way I pretty much know what I have and where it is. Yesterday I was pricing out a new battery to replace the new battery that I drilled a hole in. I didn’t like their prices and decided to look elsewhere. I went home , walked into the shop and spotted a perfectly good battery I had sitting on a shelf. It was an inch and a half longer than the battery I destroyed but other than that it was the same. So I unbolted my custom made box from the frame and lengthened it, gave it a coat of paint and wella I don’t need to spend my hard earned money on a new battery. Sometimes you just need to use your head rather than your wallet.

Another project that I’m working on is upgrading the grille to an 93 model that I got off eBay 6 months ago. It fits perfectly as the body lines on the lower part of the fenders line up with the grille but I had to lower the headlights a half inch. Would GM actually change the position of the headlight and if so why ? Kinda goofy….

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
              [ Would GM actually change the position of the headlight and if so why ? Kinda goofy….
              yes, I remember my friends in High school moving the headlights around when the updated the grill on their trucks. Why? Can't help you with why, maybe someone from ford got a job at GM

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

yes, I remember my friends in High school moving the headlights around when the updated the grill on their trucks. Why? Can't help you with why, maybe someone from ford got a job at GM
                , Well there you have it ! thanks Russell !

Comment

• That "perfectly good battery" that was sitting on the shelf .......... wasn't . Note to self , don't hang on to crap . How’s that for using your head ?
                  Last edited by langleylad; September 7, 2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

That "perfectly good battery" that was sitting on the shelf .......... wasn't . Note to self , don't hang on to crap . How’s that for using your head ?
                    Oh, well.......

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Oh, well.......

Dan
                      Well said Dan ...

Comment

;t need to spend my hard earned money on a new battery. Sometimes you just need to use your head rather than your wallet.

Would GM actually change the position of the headlight?
                        according to my wife, the wallet is easier "well, we can just hire it out" when confronted with an impossible task.....

GM's motivations to change
                        1) obsolescence
                        2) it didn't work (think 5.7 diesel)
                        3) reduced production cost

Ford's motivation
                        1) because they can

I think they changed it for reason number 1. Designers wanted more of a model year change to increase sales, dropping the lights down a touch would do that.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 10, 2021, 05:42 AM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think they changed it for reason number 1. Designers wanted more of a model year change to increase sales, dropping the lights down a touch would do that.
                          88s and 93s look the same except for the grilles

Comment

Canadians.... there, I said it.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The grill is wider around the top the headlights had to come down.

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• As I was out in the shop looking for something to do today I noticed a couple of driveshafts that I had tucked away. I wondered if either of them might be the correct lenght . Sure enough the original one from the Cougar was exactly 54" , just what I need. So now I need some conversion u-joints. Do any of you fine folks happen to know of a link to a site that might have a conversion u-joint chart ?. As usual I started looking and couldn't find anything useful. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X