S10 2.0 ..... Turbo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post

You love to stir the pot don’t you ?
      Aaron gets paid lawyer money to stir the pot. He's a trained professional - do not attempt that at home.

Dan

Comment

You love to stir the pot don’t you ?
        That's a denial worthy of Bill "oh that girl" Clinton
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• As I’m getting older I find myself being a little more cautious. Maybe because of years of close calls and stupid mistakes. So now I have a pair of safety glasses sitting on the bench in plain site as a reminder to put them on, which I do. The other day I was going through my parts cabinet and found a driveshaft safety loop that I had on my 88 Mustang. I put my mind into design mode and thought that this would be a welcome addition to the S10. So after 30 minutes of laying on my back under the truck looking around I came up with a plan. A simple design that will have it bolt to the trans crossmember. So cut , weld , grind , clean , paint , and install. Done , oh ya during design mode I dropped a piece of 2” flat bar on the bridge of my nose . Leaving me with a small gash … if only I had my safety glasses on ….

Comment

• I think we get more cautious with age because we heal harder. I have a station on either side of the shop with goggles and ear phones and I use 'em. Never used to.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              I think we get more cautious with age because we heal harder. I have a station on either side of the shop with goggles and ear phones and I use 'em. Never used to.

Dan
              Says the guy who does land speed records.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Says the guy who does land speed records.
                Yes, but with a full roll cage, the proper (and up-to-date) helmet, and a driver's suit that is several certifications up from my speed class. I don't take chances, I just go fast.

Dan

Comment

• An update before this project gets moved out into the driveway and covered up for the winter. I’ll be bringing the Cougar inside for the winter as I have some plans for it . I installed a Derale trans cooler under the bed of the truck, as you can see it has an electric fan attached. I bought some Russell hose and fittings to assemble some trans lines . I try to make the underside look as nice as the topside on all my builds. I installed a temp sensor in the transmission pan when I rebuilt it. I’ll connect it all to the Holley Terminator X ( when I get one ) . Parts still to get are Holley ECU and digital dash, rad and fan , intercooler and piping and blow off valve . I’ve been a good boy so hopefully Santa brings me some goodies . Click image for larger version  Name:	9DD6A3A8-F6B4-4040-985F-FA36EF91642C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	866.6 KB ID:	1309010
                  Last edited by langleylad; November 9, 2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Does Santa go to Canada?

Dan

Comment

Does Santa go to Canada?

Dan
                      A lot of Americans think he lives here !

Comment

Yes, but with a full roll cage, the proper (and up-to-date) helmet, and a driver's suit that is several certifications up from my speed class. I don't take chances, I just go fast.

Dan
                        Hmm... you'll have a hard time convincing me of this.... traveling hundreds of miles to drive a car well beyond its design limits is dangerous (not wrong). Life is nothing but taking chances - however, my original quip (mostly said out of humor) was that, even with all the safety gear in the world, racing puts your life at a higher level of risk. Mitigation is fantastic and should be encouraged - but what mitigation did you take for the trip to protect you from the greatest danger of all - other drivers? just as the riskiest part of air travel is the travel to the airport - pulling a loaded trailer down today's interstates is far more dangerous then even racing... the biggest risk, at least in my opinion, is not recognizing the risk you're taking.... siren song in my office is "I never saw it coming."

Comment

A lot of Americans think he lives here !
                          People believe lots of silly things.

Comment

People believe lots of silly things.
                            Amen

Comment

Hmm... you'll have a hard time convincing me of this.... traveling hundreds of miles to drive a car well beyond its design limits is dangerous (not wrong). Life is nothing but taking chances - however, my original quip (mostly said out of humor) was that, even with all the safety gear in the world, racing puts your life at a higher level of risk. Mitigation is fantastic and should be encouraged - but what mitigation did you take for the trip to protect you from the greatest danger of all - other drivers? just as the riskiest part of air travel is the travel to the airport - pulling a loaded trailer down today's interstates is far more dangerous then even racing... the biggest risk, at least in my opinion, is not recognizing the risk you're taking.... siren song in my office is "I never saw it coming."
                              The trip to and from the track is MUCH more dangerous than the trip down the track - no question about that. And yes, there IS some risk but if you're smart you manage it as much as possible and in LSR they won't let you on the track unless you've taken those reasonable precautions.

Dan

Comment

The trip to and from the track is MUCH more dangerous than the trip down the track - no question about that. And yes, there IS some risk but if you're smart you manage it as much as possible and in LSR they won't let you on the track unless you've taken those reasonable precautions.

Dan
                                Prudence is a virtue.

Comment

Working...
                                X