• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	27349F88-C708-4F6A-88F0-F65E00608734.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1312597 Well I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying “10 lbs of s**t in a 5 lb bag” , well here we go …

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	27349F88-C708-4F6A-88F0-F65E00608734.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1312597 Well I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying “10 lbs of s**t in a 5 lb bag” , well here we go …
      No problem!

Dan

Comment

Name:	IMG-1616.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	765.4 KB
ID:	1314140Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1617.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	736.7 KB
ID:	1314141​​​
        I finally got my ass in gear yesterday and fabricated a fan shroud out of.063 aluminum. The two Spal fans just fit , they’re low profile models. The rad with the fans/shroud measures 5 1/2” deep.

Comment

• Twelve years ago when I redid the body and paint and suspension ..... I also replaced the front bumper. There was nothing wrong with it , I just wanted a new one. The new one was all chrome and the old one was chrome with a rubber strip . Anyhow I stashed the old one away and today I dug it out . The chore for this evening was to try and fit the intercooler somewhere . After eyeing things up I figured the front bumper was going to need to be altered , this is where the old bumper comes in . This is also when the so-called "wheel of death" started making sparks . Here is the stage that I was at when I turned off the lights for the night .

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1625 (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	768.4 KB ID:	1314356Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-1626 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	540.0 KB ID:	1314357

Last edited by langleylad; February 16, 2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Here's kind of an unusual idea...Would it work to acquire a donor bumper to flip, trim, and bolt (upside down) to the underside of the original bumper as an air dam?? one could use a fiberglass one if weight were a concern... then, the extra turn signal openings could be used for brake cooling, ram air to the air filters, or whatever... just brainstorming...
            Last edited by silver_bullet; February 17, 2022, 06:55 AM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              Here's kind of an unusual idea...Would it work to acquire a donor bumper to flip, trim, and bolt (upside down) to the underside of the original bumper as an air dam?? one could use a fiberglass one if weight were a concern... then, the extra turn signal openings could be used for brake cooling, ram air to the air filters, or whatever... just brainstorming...
              Thanks for the input , my plan at the moment is to just have the bottom of the intercooler level with the bottom of the bumper. How I achieve this is yet to be determined. I do know that the bumper to frame mounts will be altered as well as the bottom of the grille . The portion of the grille is just above the bumper, where the grille cuts back towards the rad .

Comment

• Wow , I really must have been dreaming to think that I'd be able to get the intercooler to line up with the bottom of the bumper. As it is in this picture the bottom of the intercooler lines up with the factory air dam (not installed here) . Not happy with it like this , I'll keep at it .

Name:	IMG-1627.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	661.8 KB
ID:	1314482

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                  Wow , I really must have been dreaming to think that I'd be able to get the intercooler to line up with the bottom of the bumper. As it is in this picture the bottom of the intercooler lines up with the factory air dam (not installed here) . Not happy with it like this , I'll keep at it .

Name:	IMG-1627.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	661.8 KB
ID:	1314482
                  "look at me, I'm a Ford ecoboost!!!"
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

"look at me, I'm a Ford ecoboost!!!"
                    I was thinking "Look at me, I'm a snow plow."

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I was thinking "Look at me, I'm a snow plow."

Dan
                      I was thinking - look at me, I am an engine oil pan skid plate!

Comment

• Wow ! Tuff crowd here this morning !
                        Last edited by langleylad; February 19, 2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Name:	FC1707D9-7BE3-485D-A045-E3973B62EDB4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	1314523 Well somethings got to give ….

Comment

• Remember "Curb Feelers" ?
                            A parking lot stop block finder !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              Remember "Curb Feelers" ?
                              A parking lot stop block finder !!
                              The direction I’m heading …. Those won’t be necessary

Comment

• Inches do matter , I remade my crossover pipe just to gain an inch , extended the front bumper mounts to gain 3/4 inch , repositioned the rad , and clearanced the frame section below the bumper mounts. All just to fit the intercooler. All that took awhile , then I built all the intercooler piping in one day . I've fabricated the radiator and intercooler mounts from aluminum rod and plate . I'm happy with the results.

Name:	IMG-1642_ccexpress.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	1315908 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1645_ccexpress.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1315909 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1646_ccexpress.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	252.6 KB