• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
    What's a Lesbian called in Canada?

A Klondike....,
    Well done Captain

Comment

• Just did the driveway shuffle , one out and the other in . This weekend’s project is to install a pair of 12” linear actuators to lift and lower the back of the S10’s fibreglass tonneau cover. Since I relocated the fuel tank to the rear , I had to relocate the filler tube as well . Which is accessed through the bed floor. These should help make refueling less of a pain.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5486AC4E-A814-4F7F-B144-8763557C0979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	1332029
      Last edited by langleylad; January 27, 2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Completed , I wish it was a bit faster but it gets the job done . I placed a switch behind the filler door. I had to fabricate the mounts for both ends . I used some 1 x 2 box tube I had kicking around.

Comment

• I call it musical cars!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	16CB614D-AF4E-4DDF-9022-DFAE5A54115D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	965.2 KB ID:	1333374 Click image for larger version  Name:	289113A3-A92B-4A2E-82EE-25A94EE7CA85.jpg Views:	0 Size:	518.2 KB ID:	1333373 Click image for larger version  Name:	CBCD128E-BE1B-466E-90A5-15528E9AC0D9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	1333372 it’s not cruising weather yet so I’ve been playing around in the shop on the truck. Making the most of the 4 inputs and 4 outputs of the Terminator X sounds like a great idea. I thought I’d hook up an exhaust back pressure sensor. Since sensors don’t really like to be installed in an extremely hot exhaust manifold they need to be remotely mounted. I already had a sensor so I turned to our friend Amazon for some 1/4” stainless tube and some stainless fittings. I would also need a small vacuum/fuel log to act as my remote mount for the sensor. This seemed simple enough to fabricate from the aluminum I have on hand so that’s what I did. While I waited for my stainless bits and pieces to show up I fabricated my mount and ran the sensor wiring . I filled the mount/log with steelwool to soften the exhaust pulses. Amazon delivered and I finished installation. I’m happy with the finished product and I saved a few dollars over buying one . I popular supplier offered a stainless kit for $95us/$131cdn plus shipping , I figure that I built mine for $40cdn.
            Last edited by langleylad; February 28, 2023, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Same here in the "Iron Triangle of Area BFE in the Frozen Tundra" of Wisconsin.
              We are in a Roller Coaster weather pattern.
              Had a Foot plus snow last Thursday, then Rain Monday, 40°F and sunny yesterday, today ??? Sleet and freezing rain.

So you plan ahead on your shop projects,
              Even if you can get them in the shop, that warm temps have made a Ice Rink of my driveway

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

im ashamed of the things id do for a klondike bar.................

Comment

• Now that I’m make all this horsepower I think its a good idea of thinking about a brake upgrade. As usual I don’t want and can’t throw a pile of cash at it . One option is to install 98-02 Blazer front brakes (spindles,rotors,callipers). But then I’d loss my 2” drop. I’m leaning towards another option that calls for some machining and the use of 2000 Camaro callipers and 2000 Corvette rotors and I can keep my spindles . Research continues .

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                    Now that I’m make all this horsepower I think its a good idea of thinking about a brake upgrade. As usual I don’t want and can’t throw a pile of cash at it . One option is to install 98-02 Blazer front brakes (spindles,rotors,callipers). But then I’d loss my 2” drop. I’m leaning towards another option that calls for some machining and the use of 2000 Camaro callipers and 2000 Corvette rotors and I can keep my spindles . Research continues .
                    They make 2nd gen 2wd blazer 2 inch drop knuckles and c5 brakes slide on to. Just need the caliper bracket ..
                    Last edited by 2020 mustang; March 22, 2023, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

They make 2nd gen 2wd blazer 2 inch drop knuckles and c5 brakes slide on to. Just need the caliper bracket ..
                      Thanks for the info

The method that I'm taking a shine too uses first gen spindles and rotors. The rotors are actually used as hubs after the discs are cut off and the outer diameter is machined down a touch. The spindles are also altered as the stock caliper mounts are cut off and two of the dust shield mounting holes are opened up and taped for a new bracket to be bolted too that will mount the calipers . This simple mount can be easily made or purchased from UMI Performance for $100 us or $140 cdn plus shipping , which ends up being about $200 cdn when all done. I'll make my own.

If I go the second gen route I'll have to dish out $800 cdn for the new drop spindles ($540) and new hubs ($260) . Then I still need to buy rotors, calipers & brackets , pads and assorted hardware . Which I have to purchase anyhow if I use my old spindles and this cost will be the same as they are the same parts. I'll attach a link to this procedure .

Last edited by langleylad; March 22, 2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Yes. The 1st gen way works if you can have the rotors with hubs machined down and then hope they are balanced after the machining . Measure the machined hub flange to lug stud at all 5 to make sure it is as close to balanced as can be. More than likely have to hammer,press out the oem studs and install longer ARP with a better sheer rating anyways . So measure/mic from the stud holes to edge rotor that is now a bearing hub flange,axle flange.
                        or
                        Put a set of gen 2 knuckles in your wish list on summit,amazonetc and see if in a week or two you get an email of a "price drop" .
                        or call they might want to get them off the books instead of on a shelf. Lowered mini truck trend is well over. They might be stuck with more than a few and cut ya a deal .

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                          Put a set of gen 2 knuckles in your wish list on summit,amazonetc and see if in a week or two you get an email of a "price drop" .
                          or call they might want to get them off the books instead of on a shelf. Lowered mini truck trend is well over. They might be stuck with more than a few and cut ya a deal .
                          You’ve actually received emails from Summit about a “price drop” ? . I do have a wish list with Summit and Amazon, I do notice price fluctuations with Amazon but never Summit.
                          I continue to ponder …

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post

You’ve actually received emails from Summit about a “price drop” ? . I do have a wish list with Summit and Amazon, I do notice price fluctuations with Amazon but never Summit.
                            I continue to ponder …
                            I have seen price drops. Not a huge amount . But mostly get an email of a summit coupon code for 5-10% off order.
                            I have called them and asked about an item , how many they had in stock.. then asked if they are stick of inventory. ASK for a manager and see if they can lower the price.

Case in point .
                            Remember those headlight covers smoked covers many put on camaros and 4 eye fords and others in the 80s 90s. I wanted a set just for the mounting hardware , they had 10 sets on hand and had not sold a set for that model car in 36 months.
                            I had my set in hand, for a fair price that was lower than listed but more than they paid for them 20 plus years ago.
                            When was the last time you saw a 2wd blazer? If it is on Summit's shelf they might want them gone. If it is a drop shipped item the vendor (bell tech for example) might want it gone. Not hard to find out if it is a drop ship item , ask
                            Last edited by 2020 mustang; March 23, 2023, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• I leaned one way so far that I feel over this morning and ordered all the parts I'll need for my low dollar "bigger" brakes project from Rockauto. $550 cdn well spent .
                              Last edited by langleylad; March 24, 2023, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• The DHL truck dropped off two boxes of brake parts today , I can't complain about that service . Ordered Friday morning and delivered Monday afternoon . The only thing I have to complain about is the fact one of the calipers is not what I ordered. I opened the carton and saw two different size caliper boxes and thought "oh f**k ". The part # on the AC Delco box was correct but the part wasn't even close . Oh well , a return is in the works
                                Last edited by langleylad; March 27, 2023, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X