1954 sedan delivery build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 sedan delivery build

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69439.jpg Views:	56 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	1279914Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69441.jpg Views:	50 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	1279916Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69440.jpg Views:	50 Size:	474.6 KB ID:	1279915Been watching this 54 panel truck for about 2½ years. Stopped and talked to the owner yesterday and made a deal on it. It's very solid except for the back to corners, one has some rust other one is bent, both I think is the results of trying to move it. I hope I'm not getting in over my head. LOL
    Last edited by corvettedad; September 26, 2020, 08:55 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Looks pretty good. That lower back panel might be available in repop or if not it shouldn't be too hard to make. Hopefully MP&C will chime in here with his $0.02.

Dan

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger, the 54 is mine. And before someone comments on the way it's loaded, it wasn't safe so luckily my buddies shop was only six miles away which is where all the body work will take place. Also he has an S10 frame that will work and has a Ford 8.2 positive traction already in it. This project will probably not start until late summer or the Fall. But I have it now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200926_203244.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1281098

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        [SIZE=18px]... before someone comments on the way it's loaded, it wasn't safe so luckily my buddies shop was only six miles away... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200926_203244.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1281098
        Seems like overkill on hauling it. That rack it is on has wheels - I would have thought a rope & pipe with some thick soled shoes would have got you there

Should be a fun project

Comment

S10 frame swap is a great choice!... for front suspension you can use G-body (80s Malibu) components, and there are air ride kits available, however, there will need to be adaptation for the Ford rear end...

Have Fun!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm gonna like this! Congrats!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Seems like overkill on hauling it. That rack it is on has wheels - I would have thought a rope & pipe with some thick soled shoes would have got you there

Should be a fun project
              That's what he had it mounted on and I didn't have a way to get it off them, I agree with you which is why I took it to my buddies shop so we could get it off those rolling tables. it was also kinda top heavy, and that's the way he'd been moving it!. Now a quick reasoning of why I got it other than just plain wanting it. Down the road John might progress to a motorized wheelchair or something in that nature, so instead of plunking down$40-60K on some kind of SUV or van ( not cool ) we'll have this already built for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                ... Now a quick reasoning of why I got it other than just plain wanting it. Down the road John might progress to a motorized wheelchair or something in that nature, so instead of plunking down$40-60K on some kind of SUV or van ( not cool ) we'll have this already built for a lot less.
                Kool - full air ride put the puppy on the ground and John will be able to roll right in!

It seems like it will be a neat project. Are you going to build another outbuilding to put some of these new vehicles? Seems you have a few now.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Kool - full air ride put the puppy on the ground and John will be able to roll right in!

It seems like it will be a neat project. Are you going to build another outbuilding to put some of these new vehicles? Seems you have a few now.
                  That's a good possibility. And yes things are getting a little cramped. Oh my buddy got up this morning and took it off those rolling tables and loaded it the correct way so I brought it home.
                  Last edited by corvettedad; September 27, 2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X