Stanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    After it goes to Randy's is it going to the track or does this one stay at fair weather street car?
    Yeah, what are you going to do with the car?

Comment

• Just drive the ol' boy and have fun on the street. When I get the new project done (assuming it shows up which I'm pretty sure it will) I'll make a decision on which one to keep as I won't need them both.

Steve, you may remember when I ran Stanger at Maxton. NOT a good LSR car as the top billows like a parachute at speeds above 100.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; April 15, 2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Steve, you may remember when I ran Stanger at Maxton.
        I remember well ... sent you off the starting line many times. I was wondering if all Rusty's work on Red motivated you any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

I remember well ... sent you off the starting line many times. I was wondering if all Rusty's work on Red motivated you any.
          I ran Stanger long before Red was in the picture. After the second meet I knew it was not Stanger's cup of tea and found the Camaro parts of which have gone 250+ on Keith's car.

Comment

• This took WAY longer than it should have. Word of caution: The Jeg's gauges are OK but the instruction are not accurate. There really is a wire that needs to go to the second (ground) terminal of the 2 wire OP sensor!

Anyhow, it turns out that Stanger has good oil pressure and the alternator is making volts unlike the indication on the dash gauges (maybe you can read them if you zoom in) which is why I decided to add the extra ones. BTW - I bought 2 of the gauge pods years ago but never got around to using either one. Now they're earning their keep. The other option was to give up the center AC vents but living here that seemed like a bad plan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stang Gages.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	762.6 KB
ID:	1320408

Comment

• Nice! Maggie and I still miss her GT. But it was never going to be that clean again after Michigan winters! Oh well...

Comment

• Something has been rattling around in my brain for quite a while now. If my memory isn't foggy, weren't the convertible Stangs built from the coupe version. Again it just seems like I remember reading they went to an outside company that reinforced the body, as they chopped off the roof and installed the convertible mechanism.

If that's correct, then could a convertible be returned to a coupe if a donor top could be found? I'm picturing a setup like that on the 55-57 T-birds, where the top is removable.

So Dan, what's your memory on that? I can see it now, you could eat your cake and have it too. If you wanted to race it, use the coupe top to improve the aero. Around town, pop the top, and use the convertible...

Well, that's what I've been ruminating over for a while now.

Comment

• Cars and Concepts?

Attached Files
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Yep. They were in Brighton, MI and we used to see loads of the cars with temporary tops on the way there.

Comment

• A little break on the MGB today as the temp gage unexpectedly arrived for Stanger so I'm putting it in.

I found a mount to put a 2 1/16" gage in the center AC duct and decided to go with that for the temp gage. I ordered up an electronice gage to match the ones already in the A-pillar (look a few posts back if interested) and when it arrived it turned out to be thinner front-to-back than a conventional gage so it didn't bolt into the mount. A little metal bending and here's the solution:

Note the offset in the bracket: the AC vent mount puts the gage at an angle toward the driver so I needed that offset to bolt it down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	677.7 KB ID:	1325011

I decided that Step 1 should be installing the sender. As is my usual practice I plan to retain the dash gage with the hopes that I can get it working some day so I added a T so both sensors can be in the coolant (this has worked well for me in the past even though the sensors are both a bit out of the main flow stream). It took some fiddling but here it is, ready for wiring. Note the hose clamp and wire clamped to the brass fittings and run to the intake manifold as a ground. I'm not sure the water manifold the sensors are in was grounded and more grounds can't hurt. This is looking down at the right (passenger's side) of the intake manifold.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	882.9 KB ID:	1325012

I've started pulling the dash apart so I can wire and install the gage in the car. More tomorrow.
                      Last edited by DanStokes; August 24, 2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• That's the sender for the EEC. The one for the gauge is on the driver's side it's a one wire sender.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

That's the sender for the EEC. The one for the gauge is on the driver's side it's a one wire sender.
                          GREAT info! I'll take a look. When I asked Advance for a coolant temp sender this one is what they sold me. Sometimes I'm a knucklehead........

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

GREAT info! I'll take a look. When I asked Advance for a coolant temp sender this one is what they sold me. Sometimes I'm a knucklehead........
                            The one that is sideways (one wire) looks like one for a gauge. The one straight up and down with two wires is for the EEC.

The stock temp sender is in the intake in the water passage near # 5 cylinder. The wire runs through the salt and pepper to the connector in the left corner of firewall.
                            Last edited by Russell; August 25, 2022, 09:58 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

The one that is sideways (one wire) looks like one for a gauge. The one straight up and down with two wires is for the EEC.

The stock temp sender is in the intake in the water passage near # 5 cylinder. The wire runs through the salt and pepper to the connector in the left corner of firewall.
                              Ya mean THIS one? Yep, had to pull the intake upper to get in there as the injector had to come up and out of the way to spin the T. Gasket on order (it's a Trick Flow so a stock gasket won't fit).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	937.7 KB ID:	1325074

And the sensors in place. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and install the gage and wiring.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	892.5 KB ID:	1325075
                              Last edited by DanStokes; August 25, 2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Yes that is the stock temp sender near # 5 injector. Is there a wire or is that just a boot? I thought you had some extra upper intake gasket upstairs???

If they are not ripped I have reused them.
                                Last edited by Russell; August 25, 2022, 04:22 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X